Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black tie - to go into receivership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Black tie - to go into receivership.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/bla...66209-Jan2013/

Another Dragon bites the dust as O'Farrell says staff has been informed that a receiver will be appointed. Sad another business goes the way of the economic green shoots going forward.

STATEMENT: The decision was taken in consultation with the company’s bankers due to a combination of market and economic factors including a decline in the formal wear rental market, increased lower cost retailers from the high street, higher utility and branch operating costs and unaffordable high levels of rates.
    The business will continue to trade as usual, working to honour its commitments to customers and employees, with a view to securing a buyer for the business.

I have not drawn a salary from the business for the past four years, and even invested substantial personal resources. I would like to pay tribute to Blacktie’s employees for their hard work, dedication and loyalty, and will ensure I am available to each and every one of them to answer personally any queries that they may have.

Will this be zoo'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    Will this be zoo'd?
    It's the first place I'd try to sell a load of monkey suits.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm all for supporting Irish business, but honestly there's a limit. Their products were excessively overpriced considering the alternatives available. If they wanted to remain in business, they should've been willing to slim their margins slightly. It's a tough market, if you can't be flexible, you're out, my sympathies for the staff.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The next generation of Debs will be dressed thus:

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't one of the major shareholders have a trophy pad on Ailesbury/Shrewsbury ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Blacktie Formalwear to go into liquidation - RTÉ News

Its curtains curly.............liquidator it seems.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    Doesn't one of the major shareholders have a trophy pad on Ailesbury/Shrewsbury ?
    Will they now be lobbying MMOC and Olivia Mitchell to seek a derogation on Anglo Bondholder Tax (Residential Property category) ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    I'm all for supporting Irish business, but honestly there's a limit. Their products were excessively overpriced considering the alternatives available. If they wanted to remain in business, they should've been willing to slim their margins slightly. It's a tough market, if you can't be flexible, you're out, my sympathies for the staff.
    Indeed, you can buy a tuxedo in H&M for less than €100.. ************************e quality but since I only wear it once or twice a year it does the job perfectly.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah for feck sake, what the hell are the govt doin, why isn't this business being bailed out,

Like, it doesn't get much more systemic than this,

Where the hell are all those teenage dorks gonna get their penguin suits to impress Eimear and Sorcha?

Noonan needs to act now,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That show has always been a load of codswallop.

Half the 'Dragons' were as skint as the rest of us, and none of the ideas pitched have ever turned into a business of any substance.

I'm out.
    Last edited by Davidoff; 23rd January 2013 at 08:29 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast