Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #VINB Tue 22/1/2013: Our debt; Judge’s decision

Politics.ie Member Norman Bates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default #VINB Tue 22/1/2013: Our debt; Judge’s decision

Damien English, FG TD Meath-West Damien English TD; Meath West; Navan, Trim, Athboy, Enfield; Fine Gael
    Stephen Donnelly, Independent TD Wicklow-East Carlow Home | Stephen Donnelly
    Ellen O'Malley Dunlop, CEO Dublin Rape Crisis Centre Media - Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
    Paul Sommerville, Sommerville Advisory Markets Paul Sommerville: Now our best chance for debt deal - Irish, Business - Independent.ie

At its latest Summit, the 27 EU finance ministers agreed to examine the possibility of extending the maturities, or pay-back time, for part of Ireland's bailout loan.

Today's decision relates to loans secured from the EFSM, whereas an the earlier decision related to money from the EFSF. Michael Noonan, Minister for Finance, who chaired today's meeting, said many of these loans had short maturities and the aim of Ireland and Portugal was to replace them with longer ones.

Officials will now look at a planned report back in March. EU Commission Vice President Olli Rehn said that he supported the deal in principle, adding that he hoped they would now find an appropriate political and technical solution.

So, tonight’s #VINB will look at our debt and discuss the effects this will have on our debt. It seems good - but how good? Good show on the cards for tonight.

“We will pay for this down to the last euro” - Michael Noonan

EU ministers agree to examine Irish bailout loan - RTÉ News
    Tax on financial transactions approved for 11 EU states - EUROPEAN UNION - FRANCE 24

http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy...k-markets.html
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/europe/...eu-summit.html

Also being looked at is the decision of Judge Paul Carney Paul Carney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and the sentencing of Patrick O'Brien with the rape of his daughter Fiona
    Video: Abuse victim devastated - 'My father raped me for 10 years but he walks out of here.' - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

Paper preview:
    Vinny himself

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backsta...gislation.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3
    Last edited by Norman Bates; 23rd January 2013 at 01:55 AM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate the the 'old age' grounds for leniency. It's totally irrelevant in my book.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Anyone think Donnelly is in love with the sound of his own voice?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Govt sending out an economic heavy hitter!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

English - Dope
    Donnelly - Grandstanding Dope.
    Sommerville - Up His Own Hole Dope

This could be a very uninformative programme methinks
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr. jings View Post
    I hate the the 'old age' grounds for leniency. It's totally irrelevant in my book.
    This may be just setting the scene for people, who may be facing the courts re banking and other matters. Most of them will be old and sick, by the time they get there.......Our system can not be trusted. By the way I agree fukky on the age - issue-or health for that matter......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post
    English - Dope
    Donnelly - Grandstanding Dope.
    Sommerville - Up His Own Hole Dope

This could be a very uninformative programme methinks
    You forgot: Browne - biased, opinionated, hectoring windbag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is that the same Stephen Donnelly who said this morning that these bailout loans went to pay bondholders?
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    You forgot: Browne - biased, opinionated, hectoring windbag.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post
    English - Dope
    English is a smart cookie - but he gets written off here on politics.ie because he sounds like a complete bogger, and speaks too fast. Funnily enough, many of those on here who complain that he speaks too fast also complain that Enda Kenny speaks too slowly.

Now if that's how you judge a politician.....
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast