Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Markets..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Back to the Markets..........

Everyday i hear the same crap, about getting back to the market........hayes now on primetime spouting it, noonan, gilmore kenny etc.

Answer me 1 simple question ?

We exit the bailout programme, we go back to the markets......who the hell is going to give us the money to bridge the current budget deficit ? PLEASE TELL ME, because i can't wait to here this one........

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why not stay in the Bail out system, its cheaper money, only a few conditions attached and that might be a good thing

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shure a deficit of 8.2% after 5 austerity budgets is a great success. We can still pay the chief 200k, school leavers can still claim the dole for life, few public servants can be sacked for incompetence, the quango cull is yet to occur and no senior bondholders has been left behind. Horray! (But if only a prominent economist could do a report to snip public spending projects)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Con Gallagher View Post
    Shure a deficit of 8.2% after 5 austerity budgets is a great success. We can still pay the chief 200k, school leavers can still claim the dole for life, few public servants can be sacked for incompetence, the quango cull is yet to occur and no senior bondholders has been left behind. Horray! (But if only a prominent economist could do a report to snip public spending projects)
    So what about my space exploration programme? Rockin'?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    Everyday i hear the same crap, about getting back to the market........hayes now on primetime spouting it, noonan, gilmore kenny etc.

Answer me 1 simple question ?

We exit the bailout programme, we go back to the markets......who the hell is going to give us the money to bridge the current budget deficit ? PLEASE TELL ME, because i can't wait to here this one........
    Because Ireland deserves to have the best paid PS workers in Europe, and low low low corporation tax at the same time. That's the why.

Somebody somewhere will fund it. Sure if the Germans won't I'm sure those nice lads on Wall Street will. We're Irish! The world loves us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As i said, who do they think is going to fund this on the money markets.....so what are these dopes at ?

We are not going back to any markets, without being basically backed by the ecb full stop.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sovereignty is now solely defined as the ability to borrow from the markets. The government are determined to restore this version of sovereignty regardless. In fairness to them they have all learned the script well even if they have not a clue what it means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousorange View Post
    Because Ireland deserves to have the best paid PS workers in Europe, and low low low corporation tax at the same time. That's the why.

Somebody somewhere will fund it. Sure if the Germans won't I'm sure those nice lads on Wall Street will. We're Irish! The world loves us.
    Ah now, don't forget some of the best paid professions in the world, semi state workers, social welfare recipients, asylum seekers, quango fillers etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light View Post
    Sovereignty is now solely defined as the ability to borrow from the markets. The government are determined to restore this version of sovereignty regardless. In fairness to them they have all learned the script well even if they have not a clue what it means.
    They are codding themselves, nobody will give us longterm money to fund this banana republic without the ecb standing 100% behind us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    They are codding themselves, nobody will give us longterm money to fund this banana republic without the ecb standing 100% behind us.
    Anyone buying bonds of any kind today, be it bank or government, are "banking" on just that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast