Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Service redundancies at last

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Public Service redundancies at last

The cabinet has agreed a €440 million redundancy package for the public service, based on 4,000 redundancies.

It seems this deal will be cost neutral to Ireland inc within 3 years.

Should the number of redundancies being offered be increased since we will be in the black after three years?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0122/363...#idc-container

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

...........How is it costing €110,000 per redundant employee? These numbers seem ridiculous.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDay View Post
    The cabinet has agreed a €440 million redundancy package for the public service, based on 4,000 redundancies.

It seems this deal will be cost neutral to Ireland inc within 3 years.

Should the number of redundancies being offered be increased since we will be in the black after three years?

Public sector redundancy plan to cost
    It's uncomfortable to watch your glee at people losing their jobs just because you have a gripe against them for your short comings.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    ...........How is it costing €110,000 per employee? These numbers seem ridiculous.
    It appears the deal is for a maximum of two year's salary as a lump sum - so I suppose they are working on an an average salary of €55,000

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the government plan to reduce numbers in the ps to 282,500 by the end of 2014, big bloody deal, there should be at least 20,000 redundancies this year and a similar number in 2014.
    "War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."-Ron Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    So the government plan to reduce numbers in the ps to 282,500 by the end of 2014, big bloody deal, there should be at least 20,000 redundancies this year and a similar number in 2014.
    What do you work at?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    It's uncomfortable to watch your glee at people losing their jobs just because you have a gripe against them for your short comings.
    I have no gripe against public sector employees. This is a voluntary scheme so no-one is "losing their jobs" as you suggest.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How in Gods name can a country that is broke afford to pay off an average of €110,000 per employee it's absolutely ridiculous.

Wonder is the civil servant that came up with this package planning on taking advantage of it

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexmcred View Post
    How in Gods name can a country that is broke afford to pay off an average of €110,000 per employee it's absolutely ridiculous.

Wonder is the civil servant that came up with this package planning on taking advantage of it
    Please don't be logical in Paddyland, in Paddyland the attitude is "shure it will be grand".
    "War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."-Ron Paul

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDay View Post
    It appears the deal is for a maximum of two year's salary as a lump sum - so I suppose they are working on an an average salary of €55,000
    That's insane. Utterly insane. If an average salary is €55k and the employee has been there 10 years, the statutory redundancy is €22k. So in that scenario the person's getting 5 times the statutory requirements. It's crazy. It's no way to run a business.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast