Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: Albanian thugs on rampage again in Kosovo. Cemetries and churches attacked.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Partizan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Albanian thugs on rampage again in Kosovo. Cemetries and churches attacked.

    In response to the Serbian authorities removing a controversial monument to the KLA affiliated, Liberation Army of Preševo, Bujanovac and Medveđa (UCPMB) in the southern Serbian town of Presevo yesterday - B92 - Info - Protest in southern town ends without incidents

    Local Albanian youths went on the rampage last night and today attacking dozens of Serbian Orthodox cememteries smashing headstones across the occupied Serbian province of Kosovo.. A Church in Djakovica was attacked and a rocket was fired at Church in Decani. A memorial to the Yugoslav Partisans from WW2 was shot at and attacked. Last night in northern Kosovska Mitrovica, the local Serbian administrative government office was firebombed. Local Serbs have complained of police and NATO/KFOR forces inaction to the violence. Incidents in the southern town of Prizren as well.

    Serbian news report


    B92 - News - Serb cemeteries, memorials desecrated in Kosovo

    B92 - News - Terror group "issued call to destroy Serb church"

    B92 - News - OSCE condemns "repeated desecration of Orthodox graveyards"





    This has been part of an ongoing violent campaign by ethnic Albanians to rid Kosovo of its Serbs and Roma. Tensions are running high. On Friday a Serb shot dead one Albanian and seriously wounded another they both set foot on his property to steal wood. The Serb has gone to ground being hunted by local police.

    http://www.b92.net/eng/news/crimes-a...9&nav_id=84240
    Last edited by Partizan; 22nd January 2013 at 02:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    In response to the Serbian authorities removing a controversial monument to the KLA affiliated, Liberation Army of Preševo, Bujanovac and Medveđa (UCPMB) in the southern Serbian town of Presevo yesterday - B92 - Info - Protest in southern town ends without incidents

    Local Albanian youths went on the rampage last night and today attacking dozens of Serbian Orthodox cememteries smashing headstones across the occupied Serbian province of Kosovo.. A Church in Djakovica was attacked and a rocket was fired at Church in Decani. A memorial to the Yugoslav Partisans from WW2 was shot at and attacked. Last night in northern Kosovska Mitrovica, the local Serbian administrative government office was firebombed. Local Serbs have complained of police and NATO/KFOR forces inaction to the violence. Incidents in the southern town of Prizren as well.

    Serbian news report


    B92 - News - Serb cemeteries, memorials desecrated in Kosovo

    B92 - News - Terror group "issued call to destroy Serb church"

    B92 - News - OSCE condemns "repeated desecration of Orthodox graveyards"





    This has been part of an ongoing violent campaign by ethnic Albanians to rid Kosovo of its Serbs and Roma. Tensions are running high. On Friday a Serb shot dead one Albanian and seriously wounded another they both set foot on his property to steal wood. The Serb has gone to ground being hunted by local police.

    B92 - News - Serb suspected of killing one, injuring another Albanian
    It's hard to take anyone who refers to Kosovo as "occupied Serbian province" seriously.
    The Republic of Kosovo is recognized by Ireland, even if have zero respect for Kosovo's sovereignty, you should at least respect Ireland's sovereign choice to recognize states.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Partizan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Con Gallagher View Post
    It's hard to take anyone who refers to Kosovo as "occupied Serbian province" seriously.
    The Republic of Kosovo is recognized by Ireland, even if have zero respect for Kosovo's sovereignty, you should at least respect Ireland's sovereign choice to recognize states.
    Thats because it is according to UN Resolution 1244 and the Serbian Constitution, not the spineless Irish Government or Germany or the US. So Con by supporting this 'Kosovo Republic', you and the Irish Government are supporting revanchist Albanian ethno fascism. Ireland's choice to recognise this Mafia run hell hole came under pressure from our so called European partners.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Thats because it is according to UN Resolution 1244 and the Serbian Constitution, not the spineless Irish Government or Germany or the US. So Con by supporting this 'Kosovo Republic', you and the Irish Government are supporting revanchist Albanian ethno fascism. Ireland's choice to recognise this Mafia run hell hole came under pressure from our so called European partners.
    Of course, when it was run by the Serbs it was a paradise of inter communal tolerance?

    Basically, it was under Serb control, they oppressed the majority Albanians and lost it.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    i support kosovan independence, however, i'd like to know is there as islamist element in the kosovan government. Also they do need to crack down on the extremists who are attacking ethnic serbians.
    Last edited by True Republican; 22nd January 2013 at 04:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Albanians, Kosovans, Macedonians...
    The phrase, "Good fences make good neighbours" was never more apt as in that region.
    I think the Serbs got a raw deal in that conflict by NATO.
    Then I noticed almost every country attacked by NATO in the last decade has been left-leaning, former Soviet allies.
    Serbia, Iraq, Libya, Syria.
    You have to wonder did the Cold War really end?
    Last edited by Truth.ie; 22nd January 2013 at 04:10 AM.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member milestogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Is Muslim a banned word on Politics.ie?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Partizan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iphonista View Post
    Of course, when it was run by the Serbs it was a paradise of inter communal tolerance?

    Basically, it was under Serb control, they oppressed the majority Albanians and lost it.
    It most certainly was.

    Old articles about Kosovo

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Partizan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    i support kosovan independence, however, i'd like to know is there as islamist element in the kosovan government. Also they do need to crack down on the extremists who are attacking ethnic serbians.
    There isn't. The majority of Albanians are only nominally Muslim, in that they rarely, if at all practice their religion. They are a secular lot. However their nationalism and their tolerance towards those who are non Albanian leaves alot to be desired.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    There isn't. The majority of Albanians are only nominally Muslim, in that they rarely, if at all practice their religion. They are a secular lot. However their nationalism and their tolerance towards those who are non Albanian leaves alot to be desired.
    Of course. Serb nationalism and Serb tolerance leaves a lot to be desired too. Ethnic and religious hatred has no place in modern Europe. The experience of conflict resolution in Ireland means there is a lot this country can do to help post conflict societies move on.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •