Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Frontline 21/1/2013 @ 22:25: What price cheap food?

Politics.ie Member Norman Bates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Frontline 21/1/2013 @ 22:25: What price cheap food?

Tonight, Pat Kenny has a panel of:

Simon Coveney, FG TD Cork-CentralMinister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Simon Coveney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Darina Allen, Chef and food writer Darina Allen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Conor Pope, Journalist Irish Times website interest in consumer protection Conor Pope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Patrick Wall, Associate Professor of Public Health, School of Public Health, Physiotherapy And Population Science Prof Patrick Wall | UCD Institute of Food and Health

and a studio of interested and concerned consumers and businesses to discuss our Burgergate. Just how did horse get into beef burgers?

Simon Coveney TD, Minister for Agriculture, says serious issues need to be addressed about the discovery of horse and pig DNA in frozen beef burgers. Mr Coveney said the priority for his department and the Food Safety Authority is to find out the source of the material used - a number of ingredients in the contaminated products were imported.

There is no evidence that these ingredients were imported deliberately, but that early action was vital to maintain public confidence.

Horsemeat beefburgers? The end result of cutting costs and corners - News - Food & Drink - The Independent
    Horse DNA in beefburgers: what has happened, where and how | Money | The Guardian
    Finding source of horse meat a 'priority' - RTÉ News
    The best of #burgergate | euronews, world news

http://www.politics.ie/forum/health-...ing-races.html

There's a half-hour Dispatches programme on now on C4 which looks at this area too.

In the second part of the show:

John Crown, Oncologist and NUI Senator John Crown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Finian McGrath, Independent TD Dublin North-Central Finian McGrath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

discuss smokers rights.

So, a show with consumers’ health very much to the forefront. Should be an interesting show …

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online RTE player: RTÉ News Now: Latest Irish News

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is our obese minister for health not making an appearance ?

Is he still in hiding ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smokers' rights first ...looking forward to this as I puff away on my ciggie ...

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    Smokers' rights first ...looking forward to this as I puff away on my ciggie ...
    God that Fella in the Grey annoys the hell out of me... Smug.... Someone I would love to slap....and I am not violent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does Finian McGrath smoke?
    I have closed down this account, I am now The Rahenyite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    God that Fella in the Grey annoys the hell out of me... Smug.... Someone I would love to slap....and I am not violent.
    Very fanatical in his opposition to smoking ... all in the smokers' own interest, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    Look at the bags under his eyes ...

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    yes

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    Very fanatical in his opposition to smoking ... all in the smokers' own interest, of course.
    Three good friends, all healthy and sport fanatics, all died of lung cancer, none smoked or drank. All died younger than myself a smoker. Life sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They should have issued an invitation to Larry Goodman and his wife! Patrick Wall also has links to the FSAI and he's one of them who said that there is no health risks from horse meat, but that is only true if it's fully traceable.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast