Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: If an Assembly election was called now, how would each party do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default If an Assembly election was called now, how would each party do?

Amid the ongoing political turmoil emanating from the flag dispute, if Stormont was brought down and an immediate assembly election called, how would you expect each party to do?

Would this finally present an opening for the anti–GFA stance of the TUV among disillusioned unionists?

Would the crisis among fragmented unionism work in Sinn Fein’s favour and secure them the First Minister’s position?

Politics.ie Member IrishWelshCelt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd imagine the nationalist parties would remain pretty stagnant possibily recieving slighty more of the voting share.

Unionist vote would split big time with the DUP being the biggest losers, UUP would gain but the PUP and TUV would certainly gain a few seats. Likewise Alliance would lose some of its voting share to unionism.
    "Against brute force and injustice the people will have the last say, that of victory" - Commandante Che Guevara

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

WFFPP...willie frazier free protestant party, fight the republican oppressor end the cultural war...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    WFFPP...willie frazier free protestant party, fight the republican oppressor end the cultural war...
    Is Jamie Bwyson a member of that pawty?

Politics.ie Member IrishWelshCelt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frazier is a joke himself and Gregory Campbell are two peas from the same pod, hypocrites isnt the word. Most other unionist politicians seem somewhat sane and dare I say likeable
    "Against brute force and injustice the people will have the last say, that of victory" - Commandante Che Guevara

Id expect a bounce for unionism numbers overall. I think the current atmosphere might encourage some of the 316,612 eligible 'British Only or part British' voters that didnt vote in May 2011 out to cast their vote.

But as these non voters are mostly in strong unionist areas already, i think the unionist politicians standing in these area's will just win their seat a little more easily, not sure how many more seats it can earn them without unionist pacts between the parties.

Nationalists, nationalists & Republicans dont seem as agitated at the moment. (Shortstrand excluded) Just want to get on with it. Maybe there will be a slight increase but i can see unionism really getting their voters out for the next few elections.

What other choice have they? Nationalist parties will no doubt overtake them if they dont.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jack View Post
    I don't know "pacifically", to quote the UVF supporter Bryson.
    Is he getting mixed up about the big pond on the other side of America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jack View Post
    I don't know "pacifically", to quote the UVF supporter Bryson.
    Is he getting mixed up about the big pond on the other side of America?

Politics.ie Member Tommythesash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wee Willies decision to run against Francie Molloy in the upcoming Mid Ulster byelection ensures the seat will remain safe and sound with SF/IRA.
    I'm Ulster 'til I die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommythesash View Post
    Wee Willies decision to run against Francie Molloy in the upcoming Mid Ulster byelection ensures the seat will remain safe and sound with SF/IRA.
    Willie in one of his boasts claims that not a part of East Tyrone and South Derry he won't canvas in.

Looking forward to mad Willie and Helium Jamie knocking my door.
    Last edited by Tir Eoghain; 21st January 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast