Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion: Is news agenda being manipulated to help govt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Abortion: Is news agenda being manipulated to help govt?

In last Sunday's Business Post Praveen Halapannavar's solicitor is cited as saying he drip fed stories to media to maximise media exposure (sorry can't give full link to story as its subscription based access). He is cited as saying he *held back* elements of the story.

The Sunday Business Post

Last week Justice Minister Alan Shatter announced a report into the Magdalene laundries next month. This should be done. In fact it should have been done years ago. Which begs the question if this is also being "held back" to coincide with planned abortion legislation?

This week RTE & The Irish Times (which on social issues back Labour and liberal side of FG) suddenly play up a story about rebel priest Father Flannery who is complaining that the Vatican are trying to keep the catholici church catholic. Father Flannery's position has been known for over a year. So why is it being given traction now? Is it a coincidence that a fully fledged abortion debate is under way?

At the same time the huge pro life demonstration on Saturday was downplayed getting far less coverage than the barely 1000 pro choice vigil before the Dail in November.

It's hard to believe all this is coincidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    But Big Bro', you appear to find it difficult to believe that anything is coincidence!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This OP on abortion should at the best be merged with all or any of the abortion threads already out there, or indeed zooed. My preference would be the ZOO!

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ireland's National Union of Journalist have an official policy in favour of murdering babies in the womb. Therefor the bulk of Ireland's news and print media are actively co operating now to implement this policy.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    In last Sunday's Business Post Praveen Halapannavar's solicitor is cited as saying he drip fed stories to media to maximise media exposure (sorry can't give full link to story as its subscription based access). He is cited as saying he *held back* elements of the story.

The Sunday Business Post

Last week Justice Minister Alan Shatter announced a report into the Magdalene laundries next month. This should be done. In fact it should have been done years ago. Which begs the question if this is also being "held back" to coincide with planned abortion legislation?

This week RTE & The Irish Times (which on social issues back Labour and liberal side of FG) suddenly play up a story about rebel priest Father Flannery who is complaining that the Vatican are trying to keep the catholici church catholic. Father Flannery's position has been known for over a year. So why is it being given traction now? Is it a coincidence that a fully fledged abortion debate is under way?

At the same time the huge pro life demonstration on Saturday was downplayed getting far less coverage than the barely 1000 pro choice vigil before the Dail in November.

Fr. Flannery might have an answer for you - he wrote that investigations into the the physical & sexual torture of children in Catholic institutions were a waste of time and he has his doubts as to how horrendous it is for a child to be buggered by a priest.
    [It] would appear to be classified as the worst form of abuse. But can we be sure of that? How does one measure the damage done to a child by one form of neglect or abuse more than another?
    Source
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    Fr. Flannery might have an answer for you - he wrote that investigations into the the physical & sexual torture of children in Catholic institutions were a waste of time and he has his doubts as to how horrendous it is for a child to be buggered by a priest.

Source
    Murdering a child in the womb is the ultimate act of child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Ireland's National Union of Journalist have an official policy in favour of murdering babies in the womb. Therefor the bulk of Ireland's news and print media are actively co operating now to implement this policy.
    I can see why that would upset you.

Tell me, does it have a position with regard to foetuses in the womb, or does it advocate the murder of babies only?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tawdy View Post
    This OP on abortion should at the best be merged with all or any of the abortion threads already out there, or indeed zooed. My preference would be the ZOO!
    This is about whether our media is telling it straight or playing the news agenda to suits what it wants us to think.

It could be on abortion this time. Next time it could be on something you care about and then you mightn't be so dismissive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    But Big Bro', you appear to find it difficult to believe that anything is coincidence!
    Well there so seem to be a lot of striking coincidences out there.

There are such things as spin doctors and they are ther to shape news agendas and structure them to push buttons and achieve results.

This is a plain fact.

What I want to discuss is whether this is what is happening on the abortion issue.

The fact that the death of a woman which has been unproven to have aything to do with our abortion laws (other than that she happened to be pregnant) has pushed us to brink of legalising abortion is proof of the power of the media to distort the truth to get what it wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I can see why that would upset you.

Tell me, does it have a position with regard to foetuses in the womb, or does it advocate the murder of babies only?
    As the murderer plunges his/ her scalpel into the living person in its mothers womb such distinctions as you make above become not just irrelevant but odious and objectionable

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast