Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 382

Thread: Minister Reilly should advertise abroad to fill 80% Salary Graduate Nurse posts.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    610
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Minister Reilly should advertise abroad to fill 80% Salary Graduate Nurse posts.

    Minister Reilly should advertise abroad to fill 80% Salary Graduate Nurse posts.

    It seems that only a handful of applicants have applied for the new cost saving Graduate Nurse posts. If Irish Nurses are not prepared to work for the wages on offer the Minister should look elsewhere to fill the vacancies.

    Patients must be put first and if 1000 new Nurses are required then he should make all haste to fill the posts and provide the labour required on the front line. There are many fine nurses throughout the World who would be happy to take the jobs.

    The INMO nursing union has maintained a voracious campaign of opposition to the Minister's cut price salary scheme.
    Webcast

    The Minister must have courage and be prepared to import nurses in what ever numbers are required to face down the so called boy-cotters, even if it means importing non Irish Nurses to replace striking nurses.

    Hold your nerve and your resolve Minister and you will prevail for the common good just as Baroness Thatcher broke the Miners.

    The Nurses' and Union's line that they will not accept two different rates for the same job is nonsense.
    There are about 10 different increment pay rates for nurses with other pay grades in addition depending on promotion, and additional various allowances paid on top of that again.
    The 80% initiative is simply adding a new lower increment level required by diminished resources to maintain essential services for vulnerable people.

    Time to ring Liam Doran and tell him you see him and raise him 50 graduate nurse vacancies advertised in a high skill low wage economy!
    Last edited by Bobcolebrooke; 19th January 2013 at 02:52 AM.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Burnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    I'm just a stone's throw from nowhere.
    Posts
    7,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hold your nerve and your resolve Minister and you will prevail for the common good just as Baroness Thatcher broke the Miners. Bob Colebrooke

    Maybe some of the Ministers and yourself who advocate this type of 'value for money' nursing should start en masse looking after old, infirm and other sick members of society first. Even for a laugh try a weekend shift in the A&E and deal with the obnoxious foul-mouthed and violent drunks and druggies. Cleaning up after them, the stench and the danger of contamination from needles etc. Remember Enda is on 220'000kpa and he did'nt pass any qualifications to be Taoiseach.

    You Bob are a sad reminder of why Ireland is a miserable place when it comes to fairness.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27,582
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't get that argument burnout. Working in rendering plant is dangerous, unpleasant work. Working in forestry is the same for the most part. As long as there are people willing to do the job for above minimum wage then I don't see the need to pay extra for it being unpleasant.

    If there are qualified people willing to work in nursing for a certain salary, then I don't see why it should overpriced just to be nice.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    610
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    Hold your nerve and your resolve Minister and you will prevail for the common good just as Baroness Thatcher broke the Miners. Bob Colebrooke

    Maybe some of the Ministers and yourself who advocate this type of 'value for money' nursing should start en masse looking after old, infirm and other sick members of society first. Even for a laugh try a weekend shift in the A&E and deal with the obnoxious foul-mouthed and violent drunks and druggies. Cleaning up after them, the stench and the danger of contamination from needles etc. Remember Enda is on 220'000kpa and he did'nt pass any qualifications to be Taoiseach.

    You Bob are a sad reminder of why Ireland is a miserable place when it comes to fairness.


    The Taoiseach's salary is €200,000 not €220,000. One of his first acts as Taoiseach was to reduce his salary and that of his ministers.


    Even if you paid him nothing and divided his salary amoung the 290,000 public sector staff it would only give them an extra 1 cent each per week.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcolebrooke View Post
    Minister Reilly should advertise abroad to fill 80% Salary Graduate Nurse posts.
    That would be admitting defeat and doom his sorry ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcolebrooke View Post
    It seems that only a handful of applicants have applied for the new cost saving Graduate Nurse posts. If Irish Nurses are not prepared to work for the wages on offer the Minister should look elsewhere to fill the vacancies.

    Patients must be put first and if 1000 new Nurses are required then he should make all haste to fill the posts and provide the labour required on the front line. There are many fine nurses throughout the World who would be happy to take the jobs.
    Where are all these happy to take the nursing jobs, go on tell us?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcolebrooke View Post
    The INMO nursing union has maintained a voracious campaign of opposition to the Minister's cut price salary scheme.
    Webcast
    That's their job, it's what Doran and the rest of them are paid to do and they do it well, pity the same can't be said of the minister.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcolebrooke View Post
    The Minister must have courage and be prepared to import nurses in what ever numbers are required to face down the so called boy-cotters, even if it means importing non Irish Nurses to replace striking nurses.

    Hold your nerve and your resolve Minister and you will prevail for the common good just as Baroness Thatcher broke the Miners.
    Won't happen Bottler will bottle.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member SeanieFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Co Kerry
    Posts
    12,154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I hope that this is a sign that people have taken enough, working/middle class that is, and that they are not willing to tolerate anymore. they cannot tolerate anymore.
    as for the idiot that compares nursing to working in a rendering plant, sweet and gentle jesus!

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Dublin
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    the reason for the low take up by 2012 nursing graduates is probably that the vast majority of them may already have left the country as they can easily get nursing jobs in the Uk and elsewhere.

    They knew when they qualified last summer that there were no jobs on offer from the HSE; only the occasional temporary work through agencies. So why hang around on the dole?

  8. #8

    Default

    If these positions canot be filled from qualified nurses in Ireland, then all nurses currently on Jobseekers Allowence should have their benefit stopped.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member SeanieFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Co Kerry
    Posts
    12,154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    If these positions canot be filled from qualified nurses in Ireland, then all nurses currently on Jobseekers Allowence should have their benefit stopped.
    in other words forced labour!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    55,716
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcolebrooke View Post
    The Taoiseach's salary is €200,000 not €220,000. One of his first acts as Taoiseach was to reduce his salary and that of his ministers.


    Even if you paid him nothing and divided his salary amoung the 290,000 public sector staff it would only give them an extra 1 cent each per week.
    And that is totally inconsistent with the suggestion in your OP - most politicians and aspiring politicians would kill their grannies for the job of Taoiseach - the country is full of people every bit as qualified as Kenny who would do the job for buttons. So, let's lower the pay to 50k and see how we get on.

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •