Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: SF's McDonald shortlisted for MEP of year award

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default SF's McDonald shortlisted for MEP of year award

    Sinn Féin's Mary Lou McDonald shortlisted for MEP of year award

    Breakingnews.ie

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    above you
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I think she has done a very good job.
    We can turn the world around
    We can turn the earth's revolution
    We have the power
    People have the power ...

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    [factual]
    I am glad to hear this. Mary Lou is a good left wing representative in the European Parliament.

    Correction, the ONLY left wing representative.
    [/factual]

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pluralist
    I think she has done a very good job.
    Then how come we haven't heard of her work in Europe?
    Private profit for public gain!

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member baldur0300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    What exactly has she done? Doesn't seem to spend much time in Europe and the article doesn't give any specific achievements.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    above you
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ard-Taoiseach
    Quote Originally Posted by pluralist
    I think she has done a very good job.
    Then how come we haven't heard of her work in Europe?
    Because our media are more interested in the latest Big Brother episode.
    We can turn the world around
    We can turn the earth's revolution
    We have the power
    People have the power ...

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bloomsbury, Central London
    Posts
    8,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Factuals dream comes true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kf
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwgbidgbey/
    "SF's McDonald shortlisted for MEP of year award"

    The only Irish MEP for whom this has been the case.

    Mary Lou has in fact been very active in Europe if you check out her page at the European parliament you can find out more.

    And that's something she hasn't got a lot of credit for at home. WHich is why I am pleased because I think she deserves this.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member baldur0300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Factuals dream comes true.

    Quote Originally Posted by factual
    Quote Originally Posted by Kf
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwgbidgbey/
    "SF's McDonald shortlisted for MEP of year award"

    The only Irish MEP for whom this has been the case.

    Mary Lou has been very active in Europe and that's something she hasn't at home got a lot of credit for. I am pleased because I think she deserves this.
    I try to keep up on these things rather than big brother and I don't know her achievements. So what exactly has she done?
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pluralist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ard-Taoiseach
    Quote Originally Posted by pluralist
    I think she has done a very good job.
    Then how come we haven't heard of her work in Europe?
    Because our media are more interested in the latest Big Brother episode.
    OK, that's not true because this year there was nothing about BB, even in silly season August.

    But on topic, give me three examples which confirm that she's done "a very good job".
    Private profit for public gain!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bloomsbury, Central London
    Posts
    8,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Factuals dream comes true.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldur0300
    Quote Originally Posted by factual
    Quote Originally Posted by Kf
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwgbidgbey/
    "SF's McDonald shortlisted for MEP of year award"

    The only Irish MEP for whom this has been the case.

    Mary Lou has been very active in Europe and that's something she hasn't at home got a lot of credit for. I am pleased because I think she deserves this.
    I try to keep up on these things rather than big brother and I don't know her achievements. So what exactly has she done?

    As it says in teh news article she was noted for her work in the employment category, workers rights protection.
    A list of her speeches:

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sidesS...&author=28111#

    List of her questions:

    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sidesS...6&author=28111

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •