Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland 2013.....people dying from hypothermia in Dublin...our Capital City....Shame on us

Politics.ie Member irishpancake's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ireland 2013.....people dying from hypothermia in Dublin...our Capital City....Shame on us

I feel ashamed that we in Ireland have allowed a situation to come about whereby two people, in their 60's, have died from the cold, huddled together.........

Cold snap blamed for Dublin flat deaths | Irish Examiner

However, it is believed freezing conditions over the past few days triggered the couple’s deaths, as there were signs electric heaters in the home had not been switched on in recent days.

Autopsy results also suggested the pair had eaten little food in recent days but had consumed large quantities of alcohol.
    Good God, what have we become!!

Please look out for anyone who may be at risk during cold weather.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A person who happens to end up on sickness benefit loses the fuel allowance. When you are sick you stay at home and should be awarded extra heating allowance not lose the damn thing. Shame on you FG/Labour and especially Joan Burton. Im all right Jack fkuc you.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is there a possibility this particular couple had some responsibility for their own deaths due to spending all their income on alcohol instead of on food or heating ?

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And I predict there will be more situations similar to this in the next few years!

Politics.ie Member amsterdemmetje's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fionnmccool View Post
    is there a possibility this particular couple had some responsibility for their own deaths due to spending all their income on alcohol instead of on food or heating ?
    Ah yes blame the Gubbermint , I have stopped my own alcoholic father from attempting to walk half naked to the village in the middle of winter on several occasions to get his hands on a drink. How his reached the age he has I don't know but I suspect its got to do with having a good family and neighbors who have always looked out for him.
    Gemakzucht.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently the food and drink in Dublin Castle for the EU Prediency banquets is exquisite,

Now shut you plebs, eat your horse burgers, and think positive!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Their age would seem to be irrelevant. If you sit in an apartment for days with no heat, no food but lots and lots of alcohol in zero degree conditions, you're going to die. How have "we" contributed to this? Or the government? Or Santa? How am I shamed by their personal decisions?
    Last edited by Sync; 16th January 2013 at 09:37 AM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Their age would seem to be irrelevant. If you sit in an apartment for days with no heat, no food but lots and lots of alcohol in zero degree conditions, you're going to die. How have "we" contributed to this? Or the government? Or Santa?
    Em, they were livin in a DCC retirement complex, where were all the over zealous social workers,

out child stealing I assume,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the concept of personal responsibility? I don't want an intrusive government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captainwillard View Post
    What about the concept of personal responsibility? I don't want an intrusive government.

But you do have one! This is the biggest little nanny state in the world! We have gun laws so there's no wild west type of shooting going on. Kniives are also banned so no stabbings. As for abortion - well that durty stuff goes on in England!

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast