Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Day Lewis comes out in strong support of the Gathering.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Daniel Day Lewis comes out in strong support of the Gathering.

Two times Oscar winning actor, (and possibly the first male to win a third for best actor for his performance as Lincoln) Daniel day Lewis has come out and lent his unequivocal support to the Gathering.

On Sunday, Day Lewis will bring an array of Hollywood stars to Ireland in an event that is being supported by The Gathering Ireland 2013. Among those present will include the Hollywood director Steven Spielberg. Proceeds from this worthy event will go to the Wicklow Hospice Foundation.

Day Lewis had the following to say about the Gathering;

"I would like to offer my support and encouragement for the Gathering this year. What better moment than this, for all those with Irish roots and connections throughout the world, to visit and revisit Ireland. By answering that whisper in the blood and returning to the source, they shall also be investing in the future of this uniquely magnificent country”.

Day-Lewis gathering stars for Lincoln - RT Ten

A positive development indeed and which sets The Gathering Ireland 2013 off to a good start. Daniel Day Lewis's comments and indeed his actions will also bring more international attention to the 2013 Irish Gathering.

All in all which can only be a good thing for this country! Well done, Daniel.

Ps – Don’t tell Gabriel of this latest development, the poor man will have a hernia!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So taxpayers money is being used to help a group of millionaires to promote their movie,

And the lead actor is supportive of it, shocker,

What a fckn scam!

Btw - Lincoln is mindnumbingly boring movie, it's also a pack of lies and DDL's performance is rubbish,

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep - it's all us emigrants or people of Irish descent are fit for - being ignored or mocked for having any attachment to Ireland until the begging bowl comes out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Steven Spielberg donates props from Lincoln for auction | Wicklow Hospice

Steven Spielberg has donated props from his multi Oscar-nominated blockbuster, Lincoln to the Wicklow Hospice Foundation for an auction at next week’s European premiere, in Dublin.
    A series of film memorabilia including Lincoln’s handmade knife, Lincoln’s white gloves and miniature soldiers featured in the movie will all go under the hammer at the Dublin premiere next Sunday.
    Flash a-ah - King of the impossible

Politics.ie Member TheWexfordInn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    So taxpayers money is being used to help a group of millionaires to promote their movie,
    Is the Taxpayer paying for this junket for Daniel Day & Co? I thought that the Gathering was supposed to bring in cash not to provide free holidays for Hollywood stars.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post

And the lead actor is supportive of it, shocker,

What a fckn scam!

Btw - Lincoln is mindnumbingly boring movie, it's also a pack of lies and DDL's performance is rubbish,
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at all of the above but I think I'll just plump for the latter! How anyone could take you seriously on here ever again after all of the drivel that you've posted above is beyond me!

No doubt, if Daniel Day Lewis came out and ran down the country, you'd be the first on here to congratulate him and tell us how wonderful he is!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    Yep - it's all us emigrants or people of Irish descent are fit for - being ignored or mocked for having any attachment to Ireland until the begging bowl comes out.
    You're not the only Irish emigrant or person of Irish descent outside out of Ireland, so stop pretending you speak for all of them all of the time!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed, it's a worthy initiative and a worthy cause and as I said before, well done, Daniel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Daniel mentioned Dublin in his acceptance speech for his first Oscar.
    I hope he highlights 'The Gathering" when he wins the Oscar for "Lincoln".

To paraphrase :

"ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"

Kudos, Daniel

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Paddy View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at all of the above but I think I'll just plump for the latter! How anyone could take you seriously on here ever again after all of the drivel that you've posted above is beyond me!

No doubt, if Daniel Day Lewis came out and ran down the country, you'd be the first on here to congratulate him and tell us how wonderful he is!
    Ok, and when you've had a little weep, why don't you dry you're little peepers and tell us what part of my post you disagree with, instead of just ranting,

Btw - O'Leary and Byrne didn't run down the country, they ran down the idiot govt and this stupid Gathering scam!

Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast