Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Her Majesties Armed forces recruitment drive on RTE radio?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Her Majesties Armed forces recruitment drive on RTE radio?

Retired British armed forces Commander Tim Collins has just been interviewed today by Pat Kenny, on RTE radio 1. The interview was mainly on the subject of Irish citizens North & South serving in the British Armed services, past and present. While the history aspect of this interview is interesting, I found the interview tended to be an advertisement for Irish citizens to join the current British Armed services . My question is are RTE been used by the British Ministry of Defense to get free advertisements for potential Irish recruits? Is it time for RTE to receive funding from the UK MOD department?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So RTE are not allowed to interview ex British Army officers without it being seen as a recruitment add? I didn't hear the interview but Tim Collins is no major fan of the MOD from what I've heard previously.

Off to the Zoo with this one I think!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    Retired British armed forces Commander Tim Collins has just been interviewed today by Pat Kenny, on RTE radio 1. The interview was mainly on the subject of Irish citizens North & South serving in the British Armed services, past and present. While the history aspect of this interview is interesting, I found the interview tended to be an advertisement for Irish citizens to join the current British Armed services . My question is are RTE been used by the British Ministry of Defense to get free advertisements for potential Irish recruits? Is it time for RTE to receive funding from the UK MOD department?
    No - no more than an interview with any overseas/MNC representative - purely informative in nature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unbeknownst to yourself, you actually answered your own OP in your OP.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The British Armed forces have been protecting the Irish Free State since it was established, and the Irish Republic it's since it was declared in 1949.

Any organisation that employs tens of thousands of people within 200 miles of Ireland is a good candidate for a radio piece on job and personal development opportunities.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Traitors the lot of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    Brave man. The dissidents know where he is right now.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TimBuckII View Post
    RTE? Bit harsh.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TimBuckII View Post
    Why are they traitors?

Soldiering is one of the oldest professions!

Soon they will all be serving under an EU flag wearing a common uniform, firing the same calibre rounds of ammunition.

Why is soldiering for the UK different to designing bridges for the UK, building Web Sites for the UK etc?
    Last edited by Bobcolebrooke; 14th January 2013 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

in answer to the OP, yes.
    the West Brit govt, in a bit to cut down on unemployment, has decided that its in the state's best interest to encourage those of military age to take the queens shilling and knock some darkie's head in order to allow the free flowing of oil into the West.
    The British MOD has gratefully accepted and in return has agreed to take Tubs away from the people of Ireland to broadcast on BBC (HM Armed Forces FM).

Its a tall price to pay for the ridding of Tubs, but many irish men and women are prepared to sacrifice their lives to achieve this goal for the People of Ireland.

Viva la republic and god save herself!
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast