Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: French tweet: Gay people want children as pets

Politics.ie Member Happytolearn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default French tweet: Gay people want children as pets

As part of a substantial march against extending marriage rights to gay people in France the most tweeted quote of the day (from Bruno Gollnisch, a National Front politician) - was that 'Gay people want children as pets'. On a personal level as a gay man who hopes to become a father (given the right circumstance) I find this quote pretty offensive. I'm not sure how this man feels justified questioning my desire to be a father. How do we prove the sincerity of anyone's desire to parent? Is this now the general consensus amongst those who oppose gay people fathering/mothering children?

Marchers in Paris oppose extending gay rights - The Irish Times - Mon, Jan 14, 2013
    I'm a better man now than I was that day

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happytolearn View Post
    As part of a substantial march against extending marriage rights to gay people in France the most tweeted quote of the day (from Bruno Gollnisch, a National Front politician) - was that 'Gay people want children as pets'. On a personal level as a gay man who hopes to become a father (given the right circumstance) I find this quote pretty offensive. I'm not sure how this man feels justified questioning my desire to be a father. How do we prove the sincerity of anyone's desire to parent? Is this now the general consensus amongst those who oppose gay people fathering/mothering children?

Whatever about your personal views on the subject, it it pretty much the truth.

As a homosexual you are in the wrong business if you want to be a father.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Horribly offensive and unjust but to be expected from a NF politician.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kids make terrible pets. They don't become house trained for ages no matter how much you rub their noses in it. They have to be dragged on the leash for months. They howl a lot. They refuse to eat pedigree chum so you have to give them milk! I'd go for a puppy in hindsight but the pound won't take the baby!
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eyelight View Post
    Whatever about your personal views on the subject, it it pretty much the truth.

As a homosexual you are in the wrong business if you want to be a father.
    My body is capable of helping to create a baby - I am capable of clothing, feeding, caring, teaching, protecting and guiding a baby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happytolearn View Post
    My body is capable of helping to create a baby - I am capable of clothing, feeding, caring, teaching, protecting and guiding a baby.
    And as you actually want the child, you will be a damned sight better parent than the spides who leave their girlfriends as soon as they hear the news - and a fair few married men to boot.

For years, elements in the gay community have been telling all and sundry about how awful their lot was, constantly being faced with bullying and homophobia (real or imagined) but now some seem to want to draw this upon completely innocent children, the vast majority of whom are not gay and they would also take these innocents out of the natural parental arrangement of a month and father.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im fairly liberal when it comes to accepting homosexuality in society but I cant help draw the line when it comes to parenting. It feels very wrong.

Saying that, many gay couples would be much more capable of raising happy children then most heterosexual families. Besides, you would only need one gay couple to do something even remotely stupid and it would kill the idea imminently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    For years, elements in the gay community have been telling all and sundry about how awful their lot was, constantly being faced with bullying and homophobia (real or imagined) but now some seem to want to draw this upon completely innocent children, the vast majority of whom are not gay and they would also take these innocents out of the natural parental arrangement of a month and father.
    Are you suggesting we should have just kept quiet and soldiered on? By your arguments - the children of mixed race couples should not have been born in the 50's and 60's due to society's unwillingness to accept them.
    Last edited by Happytolearn; 28th January 2013 at 08:57 PM.

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Horribly offensive and unjust but to be expected from a NF politician.
    Exactly Pig........grunt.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast