Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Rabbitte & Gilmore a case to answer re the Workers Party illegal activities ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Have Rabbitte & Gilmore a case to answer re the Workers Party illegal activities ?

Rabitte and Gilmore only left the WP in 1992 , yet that same party was admitting to bank robberies in 1989

Workers' Party admits illegal activity in letter to East Berlin in late 1980s - The Irish Times - Mon, Jan 14, 2013
    The admission, in a letter on headed party notepaper dated
    February 26th, 1989, provides confirmation from a leading
    Workers’ Party official of what was already widely known: that
    its military wing, the Official IRA, was involved in bank robberies
    and racketeering.
    Also see
    Garland told East Berlin party would not be restricted in fundraising methods - The Irish Times - Mon, Jan 14, 2013 and Key republican player linked to US 'supernotes' - The Irish Times - Mon, Jan 14, 2013

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well if they once robbed from a bank, they're certainly paying back the banks and then some when they came into power!
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

their disgusting support of eastern european communist dictatorships in the 70's and 80's is reason enough to have them barred from ever been able to run for election ever again, the former workers party crowd are treated with kid gloves from the left wing biased media.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to think so but considering our treatment of those who bankrupted this country I very much doubt it.
    Its Up to ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    their disgusting support of eastern european communist dictatorships in the 70's and 80's is reason enough to have them barred from ever been able to run for election ever again, the former workers party crowd are treated with kid gloves from the left wing biased media.
    Its awful isnt it, we should bar alot of those who run for office. What kind of a system have we with people who are linked to 50 murders and those convicted of smuggling tonnes of arms and explosives sitting in our legislature.
    Last edited by johnny365; 14th January 2013 at 04:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Well if they once robbed from a bank, they're certainly paying back the banks and then some when they came into power!
    Its a bit ironic that Rabbite was tied up with the Germans 24 years ago and now he is tied up by the Germans .

I am beginning to think neutrality was not such a good idea.
    Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post

Well now they are robbing us......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gilmore was first elected in 1989 and left for Democratic Left only three years later. Rabbitte was one of those who was thought of moving the party away from it's hard Left position. Together the two were known as the 'student princes'. I personally find it hard to believe that they were privy to the activities of Sean Garland and Group B. I've heard Brian Harvey say essentially the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Class acts, can anyone inform me of what creative policies these muppets have come up with ? EVER ? career politicians and nothing else, never did a days work in their lives or put themselves in harms way for the greater good.

It is just sad how we go from one extreme (Haughey/Bertie) to the other (Gilmore/frontline Prez) while the man/woman in the middle cannot get a decent party to vote for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    Class acts, can anyone inform me of what creative policies these muppets have come up with ? EVER ? career politicians and nothing else, never did a days work in their lives or put themselves in harms way for the greater good.

It is just sad how we go from one extreme (Haughey/Bertie) to the other (Gilmore/frontline Prez) while the man/woman in the middle cannot get a decent party to vote for.
    Well Pat Rabbitte set up the the Citywest Business Campus when he was Minister of State under Ruairí Quinn, which has provided thousands of jobs in the high tech sector, which does show a bit of creativity.

Citywest - Tenants

Can't thing of anything worthwhile Eamon Gilmore has done off hand.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast