Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinn Féin release statement condemning Anti-Social Behavior Stone Throwers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sinn Féin release statement condemning Anti-Social Behavior Stone Throwers.

Attacks On Council Staff Unacceptable And Must Stop.

In recent weeks there have been a number of attacks on Council staff working to grit the roads in North Clondalkin. As a result of these attacks evening gritting services have been withdrawn from the Coldcut Road and the Neilstown road areas. A small number of young people are throwing stones at Council staff. As a result roads will not be gritted and community safety will suffer. Sinn Féin Cllr Matty McDonagh has called on parents to ensure that their children are not involved in these attacks on Council staff. If the attacks continue the local area will not get the gritting services it will need during the cold December and January period.

The same newsletter also goes on to inform us that the Budget 2013 will result in estimated loss of 7,000 Jobs to the local economy. Personally I think there is a massive responsibility on parents to ensure that there kids aren't out rioting, or throwing rocks at council staff, who are trying to do a days work. But is there a connection between Anti-Social Behavior and Social Deprivation. For the uninitiated North Clondalkin is the suicide capital of Ireland and has an unemployment rate of approximately 55%. There's also approximately 2,000+ registered drug addicts, and that's excluding West Clondalkin. That's also a conservative estimate, as a lot of addicts aren't registered as addicts. I don't think it's rocket science either to draw a conclusion that there is a connection between suicide, addiction, and unemployment, hence why the vast majority of 'addicts' and 'suicides' are in fact males aged between 15 and 25. What's the key to ending the madness? How do we get from A 2 B? Is Educaton enough? Is it important? I know of perhaps four or five people from the area who've managed to go to college, or university, in perhaps a thirty year period. The traditional Political Class would, or should be well aware of what's going on, and precisely how bad things are, as members of the local Fine Gael party are in fact on the Board of Directors for organisations like Pieta House, and the Labor Party have members on the Drugs Task Force which commissioned the pilot report on drug addiction in the area. How can they justify closing the Aids respite in Cherry Orchard Hospital? How can they justify slashing Community Employment Schemes in the area? There's not much else they can slash at this stage, whilst they throw money at the Round Towers GAA in South Clondalkin to the tune of hundreds of thousands?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cathalbrugha View Post
    Attacks On Council Staff Unacceptable And Must Stop.

In recent weeks there have been a number of attacks on Council staff working to grit the roads in North Clondalkin. As a result of these attacks evening gritting services have been withdrawn from the Coldcut Road and the Neilstown road areas. A small number of young people are throwing stones at Council staff. As a result roads will not be gritted and community safety will suffer. Sinn Féin Cllr Matty McDonagh has called on parents to ensure that their children are not involved in these attacks on Council staff. If the attacks continue the local area will not get the gritting services it will need during the cold December and January period.

The same newsletter also goes on to inform us that the Budget 2013 will result in estimated loss of 7,000 Jobs to the local economy. Personally I think there is a massive responsibility on parents to ensure that there kids aren't out rioting, or throwing rocks at council staff, who are trying to do a days work. But is there a connection between Anti-Social Behavior and Social Deprivation. For the uninitiated North Clondalkin is the suicide capital of Ireland and has an unemployment rate of approximately 55%. There's also approximately 2,000+ registered drug addicts, and that's excluding West Clondalkin. That's also a conservative estimate, as a lot of addicts aren't registered as addicts. I don't think it's rocket science either to draw a conclusion that there is a connection between suicide, addiction, and unemployment, hence why the vast majority of 'addicts' and 'suicides' are in fact males aged between 15 and 25. What's the key to ending the madness? How do we get from A 2 B? Is Educaton enough? Is it important? I know of perhaps four or five people from the area who've managed to go to college, or university, in perhaps a thirty year period. The traditional Political Class would, or should be well aware of what's going on, and precisely how bad things are, as members of the local Fine Gael party are in fact on the Board of Directors for organisations like Pieta House, and the Labor Party have members on the Drugs Task Force which commissioned the pilot report on drug addiction in the area. How can they justify closing the Aids respite in Cherry Orchard Hospital? How can they justify slashing Community Employment Schemes in the area? There's not much else they can slash at this stage, whilst they throw money at the Round Towers GAA in South Clondalkin to the tune of hundreds of thousands?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You were doing fine until you got to resentment about Round Towers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Aindreas Ryan;6275 YET MORE S F PUBLICTY AND THOSE DOING ARE MORE THAT LIKELY S F SUPPORTERS

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Aindreas Ryan;6275023][QUOTE=Aindreas Ryan;6275 YET MORE S F PUBLICTY AND THOSE DOING ARE MORE THAT LIKELY S F SUPPORTERS[/QUOTE]

The stone throwers?

Not very familiar with working class Dublin are you Aindreas

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    You were doing fine until you got to resentment about Round Towers
    haha - I'm not against the GAA. But there's money being thrown at South Clondalkin, and as per usual the kids in North Clondalkin get absolutely nothing. The Labor Party have members in the area involved with Round Towers. They're actually buying votes in bloc, imho. I've actually seen people try and start a GAA club in the area, once upon a time, and there was no support, from either the GAA or the local County Council. The GAA pitch at the back of my house has been idle for the past three decades.. The local soccer clubs still have no proper facilities such as a club house.. There's plenty of land to build things, but alas, the political corruption on the local SDCC ensured that all of that land was re-zoned.. The entire Political Class were found guilty in a court of law of corruption, the whole chebang.. It's beyond comical a cara..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Aindreas Ryan;6275023][QUOTE=Aindreas Ryan;6275 YET MORE S F PUBLICTY AND THOSE DOING ARE MORE THAT LIKELY S F SUPPORTERS[/QUOTE]

I'm not a member of Sinn Féin. I didn't even vote for them at the last election. Trust me on this, there'd be absolutely no need for someone to invent a crime in that area. That's like saying I robbed me aul dears car to get a bit of publicity for Anti-Joyriding..

Just to enlighten you of the realitys, a member of Republican Sinn Féin was murdered in the area less than two years ago. Because RSF are a small party the murder was ignored by the establishment. And before you ask, no, I'm not a member of RSF or any of its associate groups either.. What would happen if a member of FF/FG/Labor was murdered?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not a member of Sinn Féin.
    Then why post SF statements in an attempt to start a propaganda thread?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    Then why post SF statements in an attempt to start a propaganda thread?
    What next, are you going to condemn them for condemning Anti-Social behavior? What's your opinion on the statistics?

Is there a connection between Anti-Social behavior, addiction, suicide and an Unemployment Rate of 55%?

PS- I've had this argument with posters like Cruimh already about Sinn Féin when I posted a thread on the Homeless. I'm not a member of Sinn Féin. But these are issues which effect my every day life, as I live in the area, and I've also been homeless in the past.. Surely if I've lost friends, and family members from addiction and suicide I have a right to an opinion? Do I need to have my hand in someones pocket, or a shiny cert on the wall to have a valid opinion, in your eyes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What next, are you going to condemn them for condemning Anti-Social behavior? What's your opinion on the statistics?

Is there a connection between Anti-Social behavior, addiction, suicide and an Unemployment Rate of 55%?

PS- I've had this argument with posters like Cruimh already about Sinn Féin when I posted a thread on the Homeless. I'm not a member of Sinn Féin. But these are issues which effect my every day life, as I live in the area, and I've also been homeless in the past.. Surely if I've lost friends, and family members from addiction and suicide I have a right to an opinion? Do I need to have my hand in someones pocket, or a shiny cert on the wall to have a valid opinion, in your eyes?
    I agree its a valid argument, but why do you need a SF statement to start a thread on it? I do believe all of the above are connected.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast