Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Burchill causes Guardianista outrage by calling transexuals 'chicks with dicks'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Julie Burchill causes Guardianista outrage by calling transexuals 'chicks with dicks'

Notorious fool Julie Burchill has been given space in today's Observer to parade another of her bigotries, this time against transsexuals. Apparently some of them were mean to a friend of hers on twitter, or something. Julie is angry, or something

I nevertheless felt indignant that a woman of such style and substance should be driven from her chosen mode of time-wasting by a bunch of dicks in chicks' clothing.
    To my mind – I have given cool-headed consideration to the matter – a gaggle of transsexuals telling Suzanne Moore how to write looks a lot like how I'd imagine the Black and White Minstrels telling Usain Bolt how to run would look. That rude and ridic.
    I didn't know there was some sort of competition between transsexuals and feminists as to who is more genuinely oppressed, but thanks to the Observer I do now

To have your cock cut off and then plead special privileges as women – above natural-born women, who don't know the meaning of suffering, apparently – is a bit like the old definition of chutzpah: the boy who killed his parents and then asked the jury for clemency on the grounds he was an orphan.
    Shims, shemales, whatever you're calling yourselves these days – don't threaten or bully us lowly natural-born women, I warn you. We may not have as many lovely big swinging Phds as you, but we've experienced a lifetime of PMT and sexual harassment and many of us are now staring HRT and the menopause straight in the face – and still not flinching. Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet. You really won't like us when we're angry.
    Now, if this sort of nonsense had been published in the Mail or the Sun, of course the Guardian/Observer would go into full moral outrage mode, and they'd have published five disgusted articles on Comment is Free within an hour. So unsurprisingly many of the comments below the line are pretty unhappy that the normally oppressed-minority-correct Grauniad Media Co have gone so madly off piste here. It's entertaining to read the Guardian journalists' comments trying to claim a difference between their organisation and the Observer.

Transsexuals should cut it out | Julie Burchill | Comment is free | The Observer
    Last edited by borntorum; 13th January 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm trying to be outraged but it's not happening.
    Sometimes you have to call spade a spade.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Notorious fool Julie Burchill has been given space in today's Observer to parade another of her bigotries, this time against transsexuals. Apparently some of them were mean to a friend of hers on twitter, or something. Julie is angry, or something...

Transsexuals should cut it out | Julie Burchill | Comment is free | The Observer
    I love where she brags about all the 'cool headed consideration' she's given the issue of 'dicks in chick's clothing' and having 'your cock cut off'. You can't buy class like that.

Politics.ie Member Little_Korean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Julie Burchill's an odd one. Always was, always has been.

No idea if her rants are sincere or the desperate attempts by a media whore to get the attention she so dearly craves. Either way, those offended by her made the mistake of reading her in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Who?
    Ah, y'know Julie, her real name is Julian, has a brother called Dick and a sister called Anne.
    Disclosures Tribunal - #OnlyForTheTape...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The above is the definition of a first world problem if ever there was one.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Ah, y'know Julie, her real name is Julian, has a brother called Dick and a sister called Anne.
    And she's a real blight on journalism. Boom!

Politics.ie Member Norman Bates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OMG. How awful. Just as well she didn't call them c0cks in frocks. Relax, mother, relax ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr. jings View Post
    And she's a real blight on journalism. Boom!
    I get the feeling timmy the dog could write better.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast