Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: After abortion legislation is passed - should we petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default After abortion legislation is passed - should we petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens

For a long time we have turned a blind eye to the many women who have travelled to Britain for an abortion
    But once we have decided how abortion should apply within Ireland, then we are presumably mature enough to make these decisions for ourselves on a permanent and undivided basis
    So, should we then ask British legislators to deny the more liberal UK accees to abortion services for Irish citizens?
    If we dont, then should we liberalise abortion to match UK abortion laws - which would seem to the the most logical alternative
    We should either match UK liberal abortion laws - or pass an Irish abortion law and expect our neighours to honour our views on this moral issue.
    What is your view?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not another bloody thread on abortion......
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will lead to back street abortions on the high street.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    So, should we then ask British legislators to deny the more liberal UK accees to abortion services for Irish citizens?
    I don't think that would be possible. Irish Citizens are entitled to freedom of movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    I don't think that would be possible. Irish Citizens are entitled to freedom of movement.
    freedom of movement yes
    but they could easiy deny abortion services to irish citizens
    all you should need to do is prove your home address
    the Dutch do it now for pot smokers - not that hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the Dutch do it now for pot smokers - not that hard
    amsterdam ignored those rules
    and the weed pass has been droped
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    amsterdam ignored those rules
    and the weed pass has been droped
    True but in other areas it is working
    Thats only an example of how nationality can be confirmed anyway

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NO ABORTIONS ON DEMAND! 4 SUICIDES IN 4 MILLION UK BIRTHS!! if the law is passed it will be 5000 suicidal women in 1 million births. Once the door is open it's open to all. "Doctor I know this is the 3rd time I've said this but... I will kill myself unless I have an abortion"
    reasonable abortion is accepted among normal people,... complications, dying mother, dying fetus etc....

For a long time we have turned a blind eye to the many women who have travelled to Britain for an abortion
    But once we have decided how abortion should apply within Ireland, then we are presumably mature enough to make these decisions for ourselves on a permanent and undivided basis
    If we dont, then should we liberalise abortion to match UK abortion laws - which would seem to the the most logical alternative
    We should either match UK liberal abortion laws - or pass an Irish abortion law and expect our neighours to honour our views on this moral issue.
    What is your view?
    We could petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens, but they would be under no obligation, either moral or legal, to agree.

It is strange that if we did take the stance that abortion is murder, that we wouldn't petition our neighbours to stop such a barbaric practice. We boycotted places like South Africa for less.
    Repeal the 27th.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have abortion clinic in Ireland, isn't there one in Belfast? maybe i'm mistaken.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast