Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: €4 Million undocumented SIPTU fund 2011?- What happened with that?

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default €4 Million undocumented SIPTU fund 2011?- What happened with that?

I am putting this in the Oireachtas forum as the matter was discussed at an Oireachtas Joint-Committee.

A family member has being going on to me recently about this, being a member of SIPTU.

According to (John) McGuinness, HSE documentation shows that €1.154million of payments do not have appropriate documentation to back them up.
    Oireachtas to probe €4million payments to Siptu account | The Journal.ie | 15/12/11

Was it the HSE payments solely that did not have appropriate documentation to back them up or was the whole €4 million undocumented?

My relative thinks that a FF Minister blackmailed SIPTU on it and that this is known in top political circles.

So is he right?

Does anyone know what has happened since with this?
    Last edited by Darren J. Prior; 12th January 2013 at 07:45 PM.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have not heard anything about the HSE / SIPTU slush find for nearly 18 months.

Did the problem magically disappear ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Well my relative thinks it did by way of anyone being held accountable in SIPTU. But of course SIPTU i.e. SIPTU members have to pay back the €4 million. My relative claims that a FF Minister blackmailed them so that they would be relatively quiet with all the cuts in the Budgets in return for some (or many? I don't know) of their members not being exposed for fraud. He believes that the FF Minister interfered in the judicial process so, if true.

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can hear SIPTU lawyers scurrying back and forth behind the wainscoting as we speak... there is an amazing rule in Ireland with many organisations that all sorts of malfeasance can go on but should anyone outside the organisation discover anything or question it then the issue must be compounded by immediately spending a shedload of money on legal counsel to threaten everyone in sight with writs in case the truth might emerge.

All rise for a prejudicial examination of Amhran Na Bhfian.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I had forgotten all about it. But I do remember it being discussed on the radio. I cannot remember the details. Which brings me to ask, why our so called MEDGIA never seem to follow up on any of these important stories. Only for new Media we would be left in the dark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jack O'Connor (is he the SIPTU pianist at present in the Irish government's bordello?) will be adding his voice tomorrrow to some Sunday paper nobody about the need for 'regulating th'internets' on the basis it is what Jem Larkin would have done.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was referred to the Garda Fraud Squad in February 2012 and nothing has been heard about it since.

SIPTU refers HSE account issues to gardaν - RTΙ News
    Defend the 8th Amendment against attack by those seeking to introduce taxpayer-funded abortion on demand in Ireland. http://prolifecampaign.ie/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aw yeah, forgot about that one, think SIPTU thought everyone else had too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will there be a file sent to the DPP? 'In due course'? I love it when that happens as my uncle has the contract for the pony and trap that takes the file on apostolic judicial procession across Dublin. I get to feed the pony a bit of apple and sit on the file. I remember my uncle telling me that I was doing fine sitting on the file and I'd surely make a great DPP some day if I took care with my homework and avoided Ogra Fianna Fail and Beamish.

I have to go now as it is well past Urchin Bed-Time. G'night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrocket View Post
    It was referred to the Garda Fraud Squad in February 2012 and nothing has been heard about it since.

SIPTU refers HSE account issues to gardaν - RTΙ News
    So it's only been a year, c'mon guys, you got to have patience with these investigations, the case will be in the same folder as all the other ones, need at least a 5 or 10 year timeframe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast