Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ministers spend thousands on private PR

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ministers spend thousands on private PR

Can some "insiders" tell us what these private PR staff are actually doing? Are they working for the "boss" so that the "boss can be re-elected next time at the expenses of the tax payers or they are doing some essential/integral work for the ministry?

Ministers spend thousands on private PR - The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 12, 2013
    Minister for the Arts Jimmy Deenihan, who spent €41,000 hiring two staff for secretarial services, defended the practice. “It’s an allowance I use to provide jobs . . . If we take it away, they’d lose their jobs,” he said. “Many look at this cynically as parish pump politics, but I pride myself on providing a good constituency service.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see that this money comes from the Oireachtas budget.
    Is it on top of the public money spent by the oireachtas to put "good news" stories in local newspapers to tell us how hard our TDs are working for us?

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheehan View Post
    Minister for the Arts Jimmy Deenihan, who spent €41,000 hiring two staff for secretarial services, defended the practice. “It’s an allowance I use to provide jobs . . . If we take it away, they’d lose their jobs,” he said. “Many look at this cynically as parish pump politics, but I pride myself on providing a good constituency service.”
    No Kerry or Tipperary person should be let within 100 miles of a Cabinet Position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They must think that there going to win the next election, we will not fall for there lies the next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Minister for the Arts Jimmy Deenihan, who spent €41,000 hiring two staff for secretarial services, defended the practice. “It’s an allowance I use to provide jobs . . . If we take it away, they’d lose their jobs,” he said.

They are cutting jobs all over the public sector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    They must think that there going to win the next election, we will not fall for there lies the next time.
    It took me three goes at this sentence to understand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You really couldn't make up stuff like that,
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No amount of PR spending could solve the credibility deficits of Dicey Reilly, Big Fill, Dwarf, Shattered, Hayes....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    No amount of PR spending could solve the credibility deficits of Dicey Reilly, Big Fill, Dwarf, Shattered, Hayes....
    What about the one who honestly told us he was lying? Or the hot air balloon of a Tanaiste?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast