Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 417

Thread: Hypothetical Abortion Question

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,879
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Hypothetical Abortion Question

    So a young girl gets pregnant.
    The young boy who impregnanted her is a clear suicide risk and will more than likely attempt suicide if the baby goes full term.

    What do we do?
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd get my Dad.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,320
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Sit him down and tell him that we (parents) will always be there for him and don't worry. All you can do.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,879
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Sit him down and tell him that we (parents) will always be there for him and don't worry. All you can do.
    It's not your child. You are a legislator.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

  5. #5
    Witch petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Coven
    Posts
    29,845
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    So a young girl gets pregnant.
    The young boy who impregnanted her is a clear suicide risk and will more than likely attempt suicide if the baby goes full term.

    What do we do?
    Get treatment for him.

    Obviously.

    One thing you don't do is treat someone else. If my boss is driving me to depression, I still can't use that as a reason to force him to be treated, even if he is the one with the psychological problem.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,879
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I'd get my Dad.
    Oh troll in straight away - welcome.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,879
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    Get treatment for him.

    Obviously.

    One thing you don't do is treat someone else. If my boss is driving me to depression, I still can't use that as a reason to force him to be treated, even if he is the one with the psychological problem.
    But say the gf wants an abortion because the life of the father is in danger.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,320
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    It's not your child. You are a legislator.
    His death will not affect the birth of the child so an abortion should not be permitted. You would, however, aim to increase sex education budget for schools and allow schools to give out free condoms.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Mountaintop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Caught between the moon and New York City
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    It's not your child. You are a legislator.
    It seems there is much that is very disturbing in this hypothetical world.....

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,879
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    His death will not affect the birth of the child so an abortion should not be permitted. You would, however, aim to increase sex education budget for schools and allow schools to give out free condoms.
    So let the father die.
    Hand out condoms.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •