Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairness across all of the Public service

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fairness across all of the Public service

The Government and HSE are currently trying to recruit nurses into the HSE at 80% of current salaries. While this recruitment drive seems very unfair to me, I would like to make the following point that may make this sort of recruitment more acceptable to the public and potential recruits. I suggest that going forward all Public service/Government recruitment be 80% of current salaries. Why is the Nursing profession been singled out for such cuts? Is it an easy option for the Government as they know most Nurses will not leave patients on trolleys. Time to implement the 20% cut on all new entrants to the PS/Government roles in the spirit of fairness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll just leave this here.
    Definition of fairness
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    The Government and HSE are currently trying to recruit nurses into the HSE at 80% of current salaries. While this recruitment drive seems very unfair to me, I would like to make the following point that may make this sort of recruitment more acceptable to the public and potential recruits. I suggest that going forward all Public service/Government recruitment be 80% of current salaries. Why is the Nursing profession been singled out for such cuts? Is it an easy option for the Government as they know most Nurses will not leave patience on trolleys. Time to implement the 20% cut on all new entrants to the PS/Government roles in the spirit of fairness.
    Why such little steps all the time, stop messing around, call it like it is. Total payroll and pension costs in Public Sector need to be reduced, substantially. 20-30%.
    5 years in this mess and they are still pussyfooting around the place with joke measures. So please dont start a thread with some mini half solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Government and HSE are currently trying to recruit nurses into the HSE at 80% of current salaries. While this recruitment drive seems very unfair to me, I would like to make the following point that may make this sort of recruitment more acceptable to the public and potential recruits. I suggest that going forward all Public service/Government recruitment be 80% of current salaries. Why is the Nursing profession been singled out for such cuts? Is it an easy option for the Government as they know most Nurses will not leave patients on trolleys. Time to implement the 20% cut on all new entrants to the PS/Government roles in the spirit of fairness.
    Is everyone being recruited into the public sector not at a lower wage?

I know teachers are, although maybe not at 80% of current salaries. After that is there really that much recruitment into the public sector at all?
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    I'll just leave this here.
    Definition of fairness
    In the real world it means anyone as long as it's not me.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo Sepper View Post
    Why such little steps all the time, stop messing around, call it like it is. Total payroll and pension costs in Public Sector need to be reduced, substantially. 20-30%.
    5 years in this mess and they are still pussyfooting around the place with joke measures. So please dont start a thread with some mini half solution.
    Of course You've worked out how much that saves after tax and reduced spending etc? you haven't just plucked it from your ass?
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo Sepper View Post
    All public sector salaries should be benchmarked against other EU nations. Nurses in this country are overpaid by EU standards this simply attempts to bring them into line with other EU nations.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    All public sector salaries should be benchmarked against other EU nations. Nurses in this country are overpaid by EU standards this simply attempts to bring them into line with other EU nations.
    Why just target the Nurses? easy option? Cut every new recruit including TDs.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is it unfair in the current economic context?

New entrants will be in a position to buy housing at half the cost or less than the price their colleagues paid, who entered service over the last 15 years.

Do you really think thet there are not 1000 nurses who will take these jobs to live beside their families, boyfriends, husbands etc?

Lots of kids inherit houses. Do you think nurses in who are inheriting a home or a farm will not want to take one of these jobs or emigrate instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why just target the Nurses? easy option? Cut every new recruit including TDs.
    Getting good quality TDs needs an attractive salary. Do you think that they are all in it solely for the good of the nation? Couldn't see too many of the current crop embracing SF's "average industrial wage".
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast