Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US teachers to receive armed response training.

Default US teachers to receive armed response training.

Us teachers are to receive training in armed response techniques,

Employment as an educator and a valid concealed carry permit in the applicant’s state of employment are the only prerequisites for the Armed Teacher Training Program, which will build on the basics taught in concealed carry classes.

BFA mentioned that “medical trauma care, mindset, general school security, etc.” may be covered in the training, but that the program “will focus primarily on armed response to an ‘active killer’ scenario.”

Over 1,000 Educators Apply for Buckeye Firearms Foundation’s Armed Teacher Training | Media Trackers Ohio
    This follows the apparent success of an armed female resource teacher in stopping a massacre at the Sullivan Centre school a few days ago,
    He told her to go on ahead of him. But she never made it through the doors.
    Instead, Melanie Riden, principal of Sullivan Central, came striding through the locked doors.
    “He pulled out his gun and started pointing it at people,” Thacker said.
    Cowan trained a .380-caliber semi-automatic pistol at Riden’s face, said Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson. Carolyn Gudger, the school resource officer, drew her gun, then shielded the principal’s body with her own.
    A full account of this assault, where the gunman was shot dead is here Gunman killed at Sullivan Central - TriCities.com: News

I can remember many a tough teacher in my day but I wouldn't have fancied them being armed.

Any teachers planning to emigrate to the USA ?

Can you imagine the union negotiations on that one.

Would gun control not be a better policy response.
    Best regards, Pat.Twitter-energy economy news _ _ Each to their ability, together we progress.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Gill View Post

This follows the apparent success of an armed female resource teacher in stopping a massacre at the Sullivan Centre school a few days ago,

A full account of this assault, where the gunman was shot dead is here Gunman killed at Sullivan Central - TriCities.com: News

I can remember many a tough teacher in my day but I wouldn't have fancied them being armed.

Good for her! I have to say though that the US attitude to firearms is totally fecked up.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Propaganda from the gun lobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Teacher, Teacher, an bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an . . . "

BLAM!!

"Anyone else wanna go to the bathroom? Didn't think so. Now where were we?
    'I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes.' - Kurt Cobain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Gill View Post

Hard to believe what their priorities are. Better expose kids to guns every day in school than actually consider tightening access to guns...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BulletBlocker | Bulletproof Protective Products Against Gun Violence

US culture dictates that the symptoms be treated and never the cause. You see this logic at every level of US society.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Good for her! I have to say though that the US attitude to firearms is totally fecked up.
    the media here conveniently forgets Dunblayne. I have worked in schools where a nutcase of a parent could enter the school in a dangerous rage and nobody would even bother ringing the guards.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDee View Post
    Hard to believe what their priorities are. Better expose kids to guns every day in school than actually consider tightening access to guns...
    didn't some kid shoot his own father on this island recently. we need stricter gun control here perhaps?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDee View Post
    How many times do numbskulls like you have to be told the truth?

There are already hundreds of millions of firearms out there and there is no way in hell all of them are going to be handed in to law enforcement.

Even if the strictest controls possible were introduced it would not deter criminals from breaking the law and getting their hands on weapons.

Gun laws do not keep guns out of the hands of people who ignore the law.

Schools have been attacked because they are gun free zones with no risk of anyone shooting back.

Psychos who want high body counts do not want to be shot dead before they rack one up.

Arming teachers will be some deterrent against psycho killers and potentially save lives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast