Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sun, Sea and Satan... Revelation of UK Child Care.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sun, Sea and Satan... Revelation of UK Child Care.

Further from the Jimmy Saville abuse scandle here is a documentary accounting on the systematic failure of so called child care.

A hard-hitting emotionally charged 60 min documentary by Bill Maloney (Award winning independent film director) who's family were all brought up in the UK care system.

It covers Maloney's visit and interpretation of Jersey, Channel Islands, following the ongoing child abuse investigations of the children's care home 'Haut de la Garenne'. It highlights connections with the Sea Cadets and children being brought from London care homes for 'sailing holidays' on the Island. The documentary contains strong language and strong opinions.

Due to his and his family's experiences of Establishment care homes Maloney felt compelled to see first hand the response of Islanders to the alleged abuse claims and their general feeling for the Governing States. A mixed response of silence, anger and insensitivity is catalogued from this island of geographical beauty with an ugly underbelly. The film includes mainstream news reports with Jeremy Paxman, Stuart Syvret, Lenny Harper, Esther Rantzen and Frank Walker.

It is the opinion of Bill Maloney that if a child was required - Haut de la Garenne was the venue; if an adult was required - St Saviours Mental Hospital was the venue.

JERSEY IS NOT PART OF THE UK, IT IS OWNED BY THE CROWN.

“I agree with you, child abuse is horrendous.. its endemic in all institutions"
    “The mayor has no ‘responsibility’ for childcare, it’s a government and a borough problem”

yet again the book is been passed. He admits knowledge of widespread abuse yet he canvases on the streets for public support refusing to publicise the issue in order to assert greater politicial pressures.

This is a disgrace.
    Last edited by Armchair Activist; 11th January 2013 at 05:36 AM.
    There is something pigheaded about Wexford this season, something pigheaded and perverse and oddly beautiful. In certain lights they are starting to look heroic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The target of this should be the elite of Britain who are getting away with the abuse of children. Peter Morrison – private secretary to Thatcher – was an abuser as was one of her most senior cabinet appointees.

Why is Livingstone the object of his ire – go after the abusers and more particularly those who cover it up.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMO, it's more the case that terrible mistakes are made (e.g. abusers get into the system and sometimes work together in a systematic way) rather than the whole system itself being corrupt.

You give the example of some people close to Thatcher being involved in child abuse. What I want to know is, what percentage of advisors and cabinet appointees and other assorted hangers on were known abusers?

And how many people are we talking in total that comprise the "elite of Britain" you are referring to? Thousands I would imagine.

So, is the percentage of known abusers among "the elite" higher or lower than the average and/or the percentage found in other groups?

I assume those figures aren't available, --what sort of 'establishment' would fund that study, right? -- but I think even pondering these realities should put things into some perspective; i.e. a system operated with the best of intentions is sometimes penetrated by evil people, rather than the entire system itself being some sort of systematic, sadistic mechanism through which the elite of Britain feed on disadvantaged British young.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does this mean we can all stop according moral authority to the state now, given that along side its usual crimes of expropriation, murder, financial recklessness, and violence, we can now add institutionalized paedophilia?
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sense 0f Wonder View Post
    IMO, it's more the case that terrible mistakes are made (e.g. abusers get into the system and sometimes work together in a systematic way) rather than the whole system itself being corrupt.

You give the example of some people close to Thatcher being involved in child abuse. What I want to know is, what percentage of advisors and cabinet appointees and other assorted hangers on were known abusers?

And how many people are we talking in total that comprise the "elite of Britain" you are referring to? Thousands I would imagine.

So, is the percentage of known abusers among "the elite" higher or lower than the average and/or the percentage found in other groups?

I assume those figures aren't available, --what sort of 'establishment' would fund that study, right? -- but I think even pondering these realities should put things into some perspective; i.e. a system operated with the best of intentions is sometimes penetrated by evil people, rather than the entire system itself being some sort of systematic, sadistic mechanism through which the elite of Britain feed on disadvantaged British young.
    According to Icke, in the above documentary, the ratio in establishment figures abusing kids, is substantially higher....

Pondering the 'realties'.. Does the 'system' operate with the best of intentions? A little closer to home*..

*Clerical Whispers..

1978 - Father Tony Walsh is ordained aka 'The Beast Of Ballyfermot' — he admits he has abused before that. Two days after his appointment to Ballyfermot parish in July 1978, a complaint is received that he had sexually abused an eight-year-old boy at the house of fellow abuser Fr Noel Reynolds....

Following an interview with Walsh, Monsignor Glennon notes in Latin the alleged abuse as involving: "kisses, embraces and shameless touching". They actually said that? In Latin? About the sexual abuse of children?

1979 - A complaint is made by the mother of a 14-year-old boy alleging he was abused by Walsh in Ballyfermot in 1978 and 1979. The parish priest tells the mother he will contact the Archbishop’s house. After hearing nothing, the boy’s mother contacts the parish priest of Ballyfermot, Canon Val Rogers, seeking some action. Fr Michael Cleary is sent to the boy’s house some time in early 1980 "to educate him on issues of male sexuality".

1985 - Fr Donal O’Doherty parish priest of Ballyfermot from 1984 later said he was given a "veiled warning" by Archbishop Ryan about Walsh "without stating exactly what his concerns were". Fr O’Doherty tells Monsignor Stenson that Walsh was close to the altar boys.

1985 - A couple complain to Monsignor Stenson that Walsh has interfered with their daughter. Around the same time, the parents of a 14-year-old boy tell their local priests they are concerned about Walsh’s frequent visits to their son. Later in April 1985, Monsignor Stenson meets Walsh and Walsh "denies nothing". He admits involvement with the young boy in Ballyfermot and another incident with a young boy in Wicklow. Monsignor Stenson warns Walsh and says Walsh is agreeable to going to a psychiatrist adding that the paedophile is grateful he had been given a "second chance".

1988 - 10 years after the first complaint was made, the Archbishop decides to send Walsh to Stroud for treatment. A month later, Monsignor Stenson notes the following comments made by a psychologist from Stroud: "is extremely compulsive — there have been an awful lot of children involved. He is a very disturbed man. He is always going to be dangerous. He could not be let near schools, children, Confession without a grille etc..."

September 1991 - The Archbishop orders Walsh to live in St John of God psychiatric hospital. On the night before he is due to enter St John of God’s, he attempts to persuade a young boy, aged 11, whom he had baptised, into his car. The boy refuses. He then follows the boy to his house and attempts to persuade his sister that the boy should go out with him. The family call gardaí. In an interview with his psychologist the following day "Fr Jovito" described the boy as "incredibly good looking".

A few days later, a garda investigating the concerns expressed in August 1991 rings Monsignor Stenson inquiring about Walsh’s whereabouts after gardaí from another station had been in touch about a young boy who had recently been approached by Walsh outside a shopping centre. Monsignor Stenson’s note of these contacts with the garda ends: "the garda assured me that there was ‘no question of prosecution’ — asked has he a history etc. I indicated that we had been concerned about him".

The garda has since said Monsignor Stenson told him that the Church was carrying out an internal investigation into the paedophile activities of Walsh and that he had asked for the garda’s co-operation. At around this time the garda’s report also records that Fr Willie Walsh called to Whitehall station stating that he had been appointed to carry out an internal investigation into the paedophile activities. The commission said that, for all practical purposes, any garda investigation into Walsh’s activities ended at this point.

1992 - A couple reports to Monsignor Stenson that Walsh has been calling to their home and one day they discovered their 10-year-old son sitting on his lap.

1993 - Walsh appeals to Rome against the decision and it allows his appeal saying he ought to remain in the clerical state provided he enter a monastery for a period of 10 years.

1994 - A young boy reports to the gardaí in Ballyfermot that he has been sexually assaulted by Walsh in the toilet of a pub following the funeral of the boy’s grandfather.

There's a few notes from the Father Tony Walsh scandal, which proves that the Abuse is/was systematic. Everybody knew it was going on. From the local parish priests, all the way through to the Pope. "kisses, embraces and shameless touching". They actually said that? In Latin? About the sexual abuse of children? And everyone knew it was going on. The Catholic Church even had the brass neck to carry out its own investigation.. And that's what some people refuse to accept, that the 'abuse' isn't 'abuse' in the eyes of these people.. 'tis only a bit of shameless touching, and a few kisses', by some sort of 'Father Ted' character..

And Jesus wept..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A valid argument and one we should hope for. However we can all safely assume that the catholic church is largely to blame for years of abuse that went on around the world.

From my own spiritual and God beliefs I can tell you that the whole thing is a sharade. The whole thing is practically satanic. IF jesus had existed he would have remained one with the poor, not some eye atop the pyramind type like the pope.
    Last edited by Armchair Activist; 11th January 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    There is something pigheaded about Wexford this season, something pigheaded and perverse and oddly beautiful. In certain lights they are starting to look heroic.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shades of the Stalker inquiry in the North.

Masons at work again?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Activist View Post
    . However we can all safely assume that the catholic church is largely to blame for years of abuse that went on around the world..

That is patent nonsense. Child abuse was at least as prevalent in secular UK as it was here and indeed they have gotten nowhere near the level of exposure as has happened here. Catholic clerics are no more likely to abuse than any other seection of the population and of course the most telling of all is that abusers are more likely to be family members.

Child abuse took place across the entire world in the 20th century; from Soviet orphanages to Catholic boarding schools to American penal institutions to Australian homes for Aboriginal children to Swedish state homes. Indeed 40% of female and 20% of male former and current Swedish foster care children claim to have been abused.

In what way is the Catholic Church responsible for that, pray tell?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to make just two points. Firstly I heard the stories about Morrison and the other Tory when I lived in London. It was common gossip. The abuse is not individual errors made by people – it is systematic and organised. Secondly I don’t think Tories are particularly prone to this but it is the cover up that is the most damaging. Nearly every abuse case we know about complaints were made and the authorities covered it up. It wasn’t that they didn’t do anything – they actively covered it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I sometimes think that there is a parallel world, where child abuse and rape is common place, and it seems to be our "betters" who are all at it. So many pillars of society all seem to be monsters. It just seems to be a different world to the one that I live in.

Rant over!!!!!
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast