Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissatisfied Fine Gael voters...speak up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dissatisfied Fine Gael voters...speak up

Those who voted Fine Gael in the last election, be it normal voters or members, who are now dissatisfied with Fine Gael and wouldn't vote for them if an election was tomorrow let's hear your opinions. I'm hearing many people say they won't vote Fine Gael having voted for them last time out and also some members are dropping off as well, some on here for example.

So tell me this.

1. Why you voted for Fine Gael in the 2011 general election?

2. Why you won't be voting Fine Gael in the next general election?
    I have closed down this account, I am now The Rahenyite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could you give your own opinion to get things rolling?
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I said somewhere else on here I intend to vote Fine Gael unless a serious scandal or second bailout with lying on the scale of Cowen and Lenihan to attempt to cover it up occurs. I'll admit I'm not entirely happy with Fine Gael in government but this mess won't be sorted in a fell swoop. Might even take two full terms. Also to me there is no clear alternative on the opposition benches. FF who ruined the country. SF who have some radical wishy washy policies. ULA=see SF and finally the rag bag lot of independents. Green Party-might give them a high preference but they are tainted after their spell in government with FF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    Those who voted Fine Gael in the last election, be it normal voters or members, who are now dissatisfied with Fine Gael and wouldn't vote for them if an election was tomorrow let's hear your opinions. I'm hearing many people say they won't vote Fine Gael having voted for them last time out and also some members are dropping off as well, some on here for example.

So tell me this.

1 Because i wanted a change of government
    2 Because i didn't get one
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member harshreality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So tell me this.

I think many people voted for FG because they were perceived as being the opposite to FF.

Politics.ie Member harshreality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harshreality View Post
    I think many people voted for FG because they were perceived as being the opposite to FF.
    They are however not the opposite of FF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I said somewhere else on here I intend to vote Fine Gael unless a serious scandal or second bailout with lying on the scale of Cowen and Lenihan to attempt to cover it up occurs. I'll admit I'm not entirely happy with Fine Gael in government but this mess won't be sorted in a fell swoop. Might even take two full terms. Also to me there is no clear alternative on the opposition benches. FF who ruined the country. SF who have some radical wishy washy policies. ULA=see SF and finally the rag bag lot of independents. Green Party-might give them a high preference but they are tainted after their spell in government with FF.
    Do you not think that FG/Lab are just trying to get back to a situation which caused the bust in the first place, believing that everything will be ok?
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james5001 View Post
    Do you not think that FG/Lab are just trying to get back to a situation which caused the bust in the first place, believing that everything will be ok?
    Well what evidence is there for such a claim? I just hope they don't go back to a situation where construction and inflated property prices are the flagpole of an healthy economy. That should never be allowed to happen again and property prices should never get high again.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I voted fg, cos they were not FF. However I am not dissapointed with them, they have lived up to expectations, which were exceptionally low!

The quandry now will be, who do I vote for next time, and it may literally be a case of eeny meeny miny moe (except for fg, they wont be standing in line for selection).

Honestly though, amazing how much they have literally fncked up, consiering in reality how easy a job they had. It takes an exceptional level of incompetence/indifference to make yourselves look bad after FF!
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast