Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie O’Dea to write his memoirs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Willie O’Dea to write his memoirs

According to today’s Limerick Leader Willie O’Dea has announced that he intends to write his memoirs.

The newspaper headline is “Willie’s book to set record straight”.

Ok, this is the same Willie O’Dea who was unable to swear a “correct” affidavit to the High Court and who subsequently changed his story after the emergence of a tape recording. So, the record will be set straight, eh?

The article quotes O’Dea as saying that “he has kept all his diaries for the past twenty years”. That’s reassuring considering how his memory seems to have let him down on occasions. Although it may not be good news for Michael Martin and the other Fianna Fail survivors from the last government.

O’Dea is also quoted as saying that his memoirs would reveal some secrets from the Cabinet table as the economic crisis peaked……Hmm, was O’Dea saying at the time that he could not break cabinet confidentiality?

My question for O’Dea is, now that he is consulting his diaries and refreshing his memory etc, has he finally remembered the name of the Garda who he claimed gave him false information about a political opponent? At the time Gardai interviewed O’Dea in relation to perjury accusations against him, he said that he was unable to remember the name of the Garda in question.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/lo...llor-1-2191598

"The Limerick politician told Irish Star newspaper that he had been interviewed by gardai and had told them he could not recall which officer leaked him the false information. "They asked me to reveal the name ... I can't remember," he said."
    Last edited by williewatch; 10th January 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Maybe you could help out. I don't know anyone more obsessed about a single politician.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member harshreality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if he will drop any bombshells like his moustache is fake or something like that.

Can safely say that I shall not be buying, borrowing or standing too close to that particular book!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is he dying or something?
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose he's piggy-backing on the success of that god-awful crone Mary O'Rourke's trashy book?

I suspect the perjury, hookers, and lies to the Dáil will all feature as footnotes only.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose there is truth in the old adage that a standing pr1ck has no conscience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    Maybe you could help out. I don't know anyone more obsessed about a single politician.
    I'd be delighted to. Maybe you could reprise your pie contributions at the time attacking those critising O'Dea's behaviour?

Good idea though. Have any other pie readers stories to contribute for O'Dea's memoirs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

williewatch is a unique poster for his unfettered attempts at exposing Willie O'Dea. It's a great contribution.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't wait to see it's title. Anyone fancy trying to come up with a good one?
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    I'd be delighted to. Maybe you could reprise your pie contributions at the time attacking those critising O'Dea's behaviour?

Good idea though. Have any other pie readers stories to contribute for O'Dea's memoirs?
    Keep up the great work williewatch.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast