Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 119

Thread: HSE to cut Staff

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Ulster-Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dún na nGall
    Posts
    10,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default HSE to cut Staff

    Last week it was reported that the Gardai were going to lose some 1,300 front line positions. The claim was subsequently denied by the Justice Minister.

    It is now being reported that the HSE is to cut 4,000 staff. This will be a devastating blow to services. If cuts are to be made they should be focused on management and the bureaucracy and not the front line. It states it will be impossible to avoid cuts to frontline staff.

    HSE to cut 4,000 staff | BreakingNews.ie

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0110/hse...vice-plan.html
    Last edited by Ulster-Lad; 10th January 2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add 2nd link
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Ulster-Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dún na nGall
    Posts
    10,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The difference between this and last weeks redundancies of the Gardai is that Minister Reilly admits to having approved this plan.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    Last week it was reported that the Gardai were going to lose some 1,300 front line positions. The claim was subsequently denied by the Justice Minister.

    It is now being reported that the HSE is to cut 4,000 front line staff. This will be a devastating blow to services. If cuts are to be made they should be focused on management and the bureaucracy and not the front line.

    HSE to cut 4,000 staff | BreakingNews.ie

    No doubt the private health industry will benefit from such cuts. Naomi Kleins book 'Shock doctrine' subject is currently been implemented in Ireland.

    Naomi Klein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #4
    Moderator Cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca
    Posts
    20,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Here in Galway, it had been announced by Derek Nolan that Kathleen Lynch had given a commitment to disability services would be only 0.3% but the service providers have now been told that the cuts will be in the order of 5%.

    Around 15 beds in St. Bridget's Ballinasloe are being closed and 17 respite beds in Toghermore in Tuam which will devastate mental health care in the region. Needless to say, the community mental health teams are not sufficient to the task as Lynch failed to spend the money allocated last year and Reilly blew it elsewhere. But fear not, it's not like we are in the middle of a suicide epidemic (8 in one weekend recently in Ballinasloe).

    Of course both sectors are easy to pick on as the families of service users and patients are just expected to get on with it (respite grant cut anyone?). Also, the stigma around mental health still leaves families and patients unwilling to speak out.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    If they are taken from management and admin, then it's a good thing. Too many chiefs (highly paid ones) and not enough injuns.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    The difference between this and last weeks redundancies of the Gardai is that Minister Reilly admits to having approved this plan.
    They other big difference is our Nepotistic leaders don't need nurses to enforce their current laws in this Flawed State.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    20,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    There will be a lot of posters on p.ie delighted to hear this news.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Here in Galway, it had been announced by Derek Nolan that Kathleen Lynch had given a commitment to disability services would be only 0.3% but the service providers have now been told that the cuts will be in the order of 5%.

    Around 15 beds in St. Bridget's Ballinasloe are being closed and 17 respite beds in Toghermore in Tuam which will devastate mental health care in the region. Needless to say, the community mental health teams are not sufficient to the task as Lynch failed to spend the money allocated last year and Reilly blew it elsewhere. But fear not, it's not like we are in the middle of a suicide epidemic (8 in one weekend recently in Ballinasloe).

    Of course both sectors are easy to pick on as the families of service users and patients are just expected to get on with it (respite grant cut anyone?). Also, the stigma around mental health still leaves families and patients unwilling to speak out.
    Puts the crocodile tears about Shane McEntee in perspective.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    20,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    They other big difference is our Nepotistic leaders don't need nurses to enforce their current laws in this Flawed State.
    There'll be plenty of nurses and beds on hand if, say, a senior civil servant in the HSE or Dept of Health gets sick.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    There will be a lot of posters on p.ie delighted to hear this news.
    No doubt that they more than likely have the means and health insurance, to insulate them from the impacts of such massive health cuts.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •