Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #VINB Tue 8/1/2013: Abortion

Politics.ie Member Norman Bates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default #VINB Tue 8/1/2013: Abortion

As Vinny promised last night, it’s yet another debate on the abortion issue for Tonight with #VINB. Why John ‘you only think you hate me’ McGuirk is on this show, I really have no idea. So, if you’re not fed up already about the abortion debate then you may find tonight’s show to be of interest. Or, like me you’re already busy flicking through to see what’s on the other channels …

Arlette Lyons, see article 'I believe in a loving God and that I won't be damned for what I did' - The Irish Times - Tue, Apr 17, 2012
    John McGuirk, PR consultant https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk
    Sarah McInerney, Political correspondent Sunday Times Sarah McInerney
    Susan McKay, Writer and journalist, Pro-choice campaigner
    Abortion amendment has been disaster and must go - The Irish Times - Mon, Nov 26, 2012

Coalition road map to advance abortion debate begins with Oireachtas hearings - The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 08, 2013
    Divisive abortion debate requires responsible society to show tolerance - The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 08, 2013
    Lucinda Creighton calls for rational abortion debate after receiving ‘vile’ letters - National News - Independent.ie

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fianna-...gislation.html

Paper preview:
    Stephen O'Leary, O‘Leary Analytics

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backsta...ds-2013-a.html
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/backsta...gislation.html
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/backsta...-abortion.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

<< Backstagers is a recent, Invite-yourself Group on this site for anyone who has contributed to a Backstage thread, like this one. Why not join? Click on Groups, click Backstagers, click Join, and away you go … Oh!, and you can always leave if you don’t like what you see. >>
    Last edited by Norman Bates; 9th January 2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Jesus! McKay!

Where's the bucket?
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

FFS I'm sick of this abortion debate. Bread and circuses. Except the bread is running out.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sarah?

It's been so long, I think I might make an effort to watch and say hi!!

BTW, your OPs are a thing of beauty, Norm.

Fantastic stuff!!
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I guess the only silver lining here is that the w*nker Kieran Allen won't be on...

Hilarious he was last night though... barely able to contain himself when salivating about the civil disobedience he craves so much... In fact I thought he might give himself a stiffy the the way he was going on..

How disappointed would Kieran be I wonder, if once the disobedience commenced the plebs turned on parasites like him..? Cos let's face it, to have tossers like Kieran pontificating as he hoovers up his fat publicly funded salary shows what an obnoxious hypocrite he is...

And his new hair cut makes him look like Joe Pasquale which is quite funny too, considering the utter sh!te he comes out with ad nauseum...

As for abortion... nothing funny about that...

This won't be fun.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    FFS I'm sick of this abortion debate. Bread and circuses. Except the bread is running out.
    So sick of it too! Heard that Patricia Casey on the radio while I was driving today - almost crashed the car!!

If we must be subjected to debate upon debate, let's hope we hear from people like Dr. Rhona Mahony.
    Last edited by MaireadKelly1; 9th January 2013 at 02:30 AM.
    Carpe diem!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaireadKelly1 View Post
    So sick of it too! Heard that Patricia Casey on the radio while I was driving today - almost crashed the car!!

If we must be subjected to debate upon debate, let's hope we hear from people like Rhona O'Mahony.
    Casey has a not very well hidden agenda. She can't be seen as an independent expert.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No Caroline Simons T.F.........

Though McKay gets on my "you know whats!""...

Listening to Coleman on newstalk...sigh....even this will be better than Coughing Coleman!!....(why was the late debate not back??)
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to bed........nitey.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast