Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are FF claiming that RSF is connected to SF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are FF claiming that RSF is connected to SF?

Niall Collins has just been on Limerick 95FM this morning.

It was the usual story. RSF / Continuity IRA have a publicity stunt and Collins issues a pavlovian response. Nothing we haven't heard before in the Collins interview and nothing we haven't heard before in the RSF bluster.

This morning Collins was responding to the usual bluster from RSF about occupation forces etc at their Sean Sabhat commemoration, complete with the usual Limerick fantasists dressed up in paramilitary uniform.

But in the course of the interview, in my opinion, Collins looks for SF to condemn the statements by RSF. When Joe Nash the show's presenter points out that SF will say that they have nothing to do with RSF, Collins then starts to uses the term "the other side of SF".

I was left scratching my head and wondering if I had heard Collins correctly and if he actually thought that RSF and SF were somehow connected? Perhaps he could clarify his comments and say if he believes that RSF and SF are somehow connected? Because, if proven, such a link would be major news and probably collapse the whole Northern Ireland peace process.

Its been clear for quite some time that Niall Collins is not up to speed in his brief as the FF spokesman on on Justice but he needs to clarify this matter immediately or should we take this as official FF policy?

Last edited by williewatch; 7th January 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post

It was the usual story. RSF / Continuity IRA have a publicity stunt and Collins issues a pavlovian response. Nothing we haven't heard before in the Collins interview and nothing we haven't heard before in the RSF bluster.

This morning Collins was responding to the usual bluster from RSF about occupation forces etc at their Sean Sabhat commemoration, complete with the usual Limerick fantasists dressed up in paramilitary uniform.

But in the course of the interview, in my opinion, Collins looks for SF to condemn the statements by RSF. When Joe Nash the show's presenter points out that SF will say that they have nothing to do with RSF, Collins then starts to uses the term "the other side of SF".

I was left scratching my head and wondering if I had heard Collins correctly and if he actually thought that RSF and SF were somehow connected? Perhaps he could clarify his comments and say if he believes that RSF and SF are somehow connected? Because, if proven, such a link would be major news and probably collapse the whole Northern Ireland peace process.

Its been clear for quite some time that Niall Collins is not up to speed in his brief as the FF spokesman on on Justice but he needs to clarify this matter immediately or should we take this as official FF policy.

Just read an article on the Limerick leader website titled 'Dissident Republican plot foiled by Limerick garda operation' at the end of the article they mention that Sinn Fein will be holding a Sean Sabhat commemoration. Surely this is an attempt by the Limerick leader to link Sinn Fein to the Dissidents? There is a lot of fear by Limerick FF/FG/Labour members/councillors/TDs that Sinn Fein are becoming acceptable in Limerick, and their friends in the local media will do their utmost to make sure this does not happen..

Dissident Republican plot foiled by Limerick garda operation - Local - Limerick Leader

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its been clear for quite some time that Niall Collins is not up to speed in his brief as the FF spokesman on on Justice but he needs to clarify this matter immediately or should we take this as official FF policy?

I wonder is it time for a 'Collinswatch' poster to appear? Niall Collind seems to be as much of a media whore as WOD.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its either :

1) He's genuinely ignorant of the differences beween SF and dissident republicans - possible. He comes across as a major lightweight

2) He's well aware of the difference but he's deliberately attempting to link SF and the dissidents as one and the same.

ignorance or duplicitous malice.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OSF, PSF, RSF, DL/Frank Ross Faction....

Brendan Behan was correct when he said that the primary item on the agenda whenever an Irish political movement is formed is "the split".....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    Just read an article on the Limerick leader website titled 'Dissident Republican plot foiled by Limerick garda operation' at the end of the article they mention that Sinn Fein will be holding a Sean Sabhat commemoration. Surely this is an attempt by the Limerick leader to link Sinn Fein to the Dissidents? There is a lot of fear by Limerick FF/FG/Labour members/councillors/TDs that Sinn Fein are becoming acceptable in Limerick, and their friends in the local media will do their utmost to make sure this does not happen..

Dissident Republican plot foiled by Limerick garda operation - Local - Limerick Leader
    There is always a fear of SF amongst decent people. Politics has nothing to do with it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousorange View Post
    There is always a fear of SF amongst decent people. Politics has nothing to do with it.
    There is a fear among the easily brainwashed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who actually really cares or gives a damn at the end of the day?

Seriously.
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Who actually really cares or gives a damn at the end of the day?

Seriously.
    If you were a member of Sinn Fein I am sure one would care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    I wonder is it time for a 'Collinswatch' poster to appear? Niall Collind seems to be as much of a media whore as WOD.
    Except he is turning out to be an even bigger eejit.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast