Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballyhea 100 weeks of protest

simeongrimes

Default Ballyhea 100 weeks of protest

On 27 January 2013 the 100th protest against the bondholder bailout will take place in Ballyhea/Charleville.

Charleville-Ballyhea protesters prepare for 100th weekly rally over bank debt - The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 05, 2013

They have kept it going for all this time and if you agree with them then you should try to be there.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeongrimes View Post
    On 27 January 2013 the 100th protest against the bondholder bailout will take place in Ballyhea/Charleville.

Charleville-Ballyhea protesters prepare for 100th weekly rally over bank debt - The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 05, 2013

They have kept it going for all this time and if you agree with them then you should try to be there.
    I don't agree with them.

We have a much bigger problem with the €50 million a day of new debt - real hard cash - that is being racked up to keep the insiders featherbedded and insulated from the downturn.

Forget about the IOUs from the banking bubble. They are an irrelevance.
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who is winding these idiots up?
    Does he/she have a problem with Government overspending to the tune of €12bn p.a. on the PS including Health/Welfare/Education
    They really havent a clue what they are on about

Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Does he/she have a problem with Government overspending to the tune of €12bn p.a. on the PS including Health/Welfare/Education
    They're both issues which need to be addressed : the bailout of the banks as well as the ever increasing government expenditure.
    Two separate issues.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry but I will not be their. All the 'lets do the bondholders, lets get the banks' stuff does not agree with me.
    SwK
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's wrong? Are you unhappy when people think differently from you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tokkie View Post
    What's wrong? Are you unhappy when people think differently from you?
    Not at all - they are quite entitled to protest about any issue they wish, however irrelevant it may be
    But I would think it more sensible to protest about the larger and more wasteful issue of Government overspending on PS
    Especially since the Troika have made it clear that they will not finance our PS overspending unless we bailout the banks

I have great admiration for these people,They believe in something and they are sticking to it. I follow them on Facebook and give them some verbal support. But in truth they are desperately under-supported for the effort they are putting in.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai Experiment View Post
    I have great admiration for these people,They believe in something and they are sticking to it.
    Kinda like Fianna Fáil then?
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

But I would think it more sensible to protest about the larger and more wasteful issue of Government overspending on PS
    To listen to people like you , a person might think that the doctors and nurses are throwing buckets of money out hospital windows... been in a hospital lately?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast