Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 949

Thread: Sean Gallagher To Sue RTE

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Sean Gallagher To Sue RTE

    Sean Gallagher has decided to sue RTE as reported in today's Sindo.

    His team has reportedly requested discovery of documents which could lift the lid on this murky business and give a insight into what really happened. I hope this goes to court so the full facts can be made public.

    Gallagher brings Frontline to court - National News - Independent.ie
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    Sean Gallagher has decided to sue RTE as reported in today's Sindo.

    His team has reportedly requested discovery of documents which could lift the lid on this murky business and give a insight into what really happened. I hope this goes to court so the full facts can be made public.

    Gallagher brings Frontline to court - National News - Independent.ie
    The full facts are that a plank that was running for president got found out and now wants compensation from the taxpayer for been a plank , only in ireland

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joemac67 View Post
    The full facts are that a plank that was running for president got found out and now wants compensation from the taxpayer for been a plank , only in ireland
    Many believe that the National broadcaster undermined the democratic process in this country and surely that should be tested?

    By the way if he loses he could be ruined!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joemac67 View Post
    The full facts are that a plank that was running for president got found out and now wants compensation from the taxpayer for been a plank , only in ireland
    No, what has happened was that RTE broadcast a Tweet as fact, and refused to correct itself even though they knew it was inaccurate.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattarigna View Post
    No, what has happened was that RTE broadcast a Tweet as fact, and refused to correct itself even though they knew it was inaccurate.
    And then compounded it the following day. The issue here is far greater than Gallagher, it's about the National broadcaster and if it is impartial and can be trusted, this is one that needs to be tested.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    And then compounded it the following day. The issue here is far greater than Gallagher, it's about the National broadcaster and if it is impartial and can be trusted, this is one that needs to be tested.
    Of course. But it seems that everyone else will just be screaming "bagman" without even thinking of the issues involved, and move onto another thread without a second thought...

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattarigna View Post
    Of course. But it seems that everyone else will just be screaming "bagman" without even thinking of the issues involved, and move onto another thread without a second thought...
    If so then they care not for true freedom of the media, we need to know who if anyone puled the strings in this matter. If RTE settle this then we shall probably never know, for the good of the country it needs to be ventilated in court.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    And then compounded it the following day. The issue here is far greater than Gallagher, it's about the National broadcaster and if it is impartial and can be trusted, this is one that needs to be tested.
    I would very much concur with the above. No doubt this thread will be filled with the usual posters posting their regular P.ie hate filled bile with the target this time being Sean Gallagher. However, if we ignore all this usual dross, as you rightly point out the issue at stake here is far greater than of Gallagher.

    It will be interesting to see how the case plays out in the courts and in my opinion he stands a good chance of the court action being successful against RTE.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    If so then they care not for true freedom of the media, we need to know who if anyone puled the strings in this matter. If RTE settle this then we shall probably never know, for the good of the country it needs to be ventilated in court.
    From an RTE point of view, if they had any sense, they would try to put a lid on this now and settle outside of court.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattarigna View Post
    Of course. But it seems that everyone else will just be screaming "bagman" without even thinking of the issues involved, and move onto another thread without a second thought...
    Perhaps we could play a game of P.ie bingo on how many times the word 'bagman' is screamed in this thread and by how many posters?! It will fill the time if nothing else!

Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •