Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Sheridan RTE

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jim Sheridan RTE

I see Jim Sheridan, of RTE is in a bit of bother over allegations of cyber bullying. should people working for the public broadcaster be allowed to tweet hate against other public figures or should it be open season on jibes aimed at Catholics?

RTE probe after 'deplorable' tweet attack on senator - National News - Independent.ie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any bashing of conservative Catholics is acceptable to the RTE liberal intelligenista, very little will happen to Jim Sheridan.
    "War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."-Ron Paul

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Claudius View Post
    I see Jim Sheridan, of RTE is in a bit of bother over allegations of cyber bullying. should people working for the public broadcaster be allowed to tweet hate against other public figures or should it be open season on jibes aimed at Catholics?

RTE probe after 'deplorable' tweet attack on senator - National News - Independent.ie
    Nothing to do with RTE - his job with them is unconnected to politics.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    Any bashing of conservative Catholics is acceptable to the RTE liberal intelligenista, very little will happen to Jim Sheridan.
    in light of a recent suicide I wonder was it insensitive of an RTE employee to publicly decree that Mullens should be 'crucified with rusty nails' as per Indo article. Sheridan does not actually work within the current affairs department. I wonder will this receive more media attention or be quietly hushed up.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

in light of a recent suicide I wonder was it insensitive of an RTE employee to publicly decree that Mullens should be 'crucified with rusty nails' as per Indo article. Sheridan does not actually work within the current affairs department. I wonder will this receive more media attention or be quietly hushed up.
    It may have been insensitive - but his employment with RTE is irrelevant. He's a Musical Director FFS.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Nothing to do with RTE - his job with them is unconnected to politics.
    A friend of mine is a PS and he is not allowed to write letters to the paper or indeed make public statements of hate against public figures, as he is expected to be neutral. RTE should also be neutral, although people like Tubs are obviously FF.

in this case sheridan seems to have tweeted pure nastiness which he claims was a joke.

his tweeter site links him to RTE

Freelance Producer/Director/Editor Currently Musical Director of the Late Late Show. All opinion/tweets are personal and do not reflect my current state of mind

its eems to be more evidence that RTE is operating an anti catholic agenda. Has anyone seen the tweets. Does he actually advocate violence against Christains? If this were the case surely he would come unde rthe ' incitement to hate act'?

some interesting comments at the end of the Indo article:

He said in a statement: "Since the beginning of my participation on Twitter, I have been an outspoken advocate against cyberbullying" ???!!! Oh FFSsake's what a complete hypocrite and just typical of the sanctimoniousness, phony, anti Christian bigots who work for RTE!

once again rte has a problem with twitter messages and false emails so who's the next recipient going to be ?
    Last edited by Carl Claudius; 5th January 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    It may have been insensitive - but his employment with RTE is irrelevant. He's a Musical Director FFS.
    Hes near enough close down RTE .

Politics.ie Member nicht besonders's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's frankly disgusting that politicians are trying to exploit the suicides of teenage girls by using the term cyberbullying to cover commentary and satirical they have thick enough skin to withstand. Jesus.
    'Politics' is made up of two words, 'poli,' which is Greek for 'many,' and 'tics,' which are blood-sucking insects. - Gore Vidal

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A friend of mine is a PS and he is not allowed to write letters to the paper or indeed make public statements of hate against public figures, as he is expected to be neutral. RTE should also be neutral, although people like Tubs are obviously FF.

in this case sheridan seems to have tweeted pure nastiness which he claims was a joke.
    The reason for the PS ruling relates to the possibility of the individual working for a minister and putting himself in a compromised position, conflict of interest etc, although in my opinion it is completely overdone. I am not defending the content.
    However the real issue here IMHO is whether Rabbitte's constant and tiresome tirade against the media makes him a threat to democracy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think accountability or lack there of is also an issue here.

comments on the sen have been removed.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast