Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 281

Thread: Whither pre-Christian souls?

  1. #1

    Default Whither pre-Christian souls?

    A theological quandary has occurred to me - since the abolition of limbo, what would be the eschatological destiny of pagan, or perhaps more accurately pre-Christian, souls? Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell, as though Original Sin covers all mankind, how could pre-Christians sin against a religion or deity entirely unknown to them? God is incapable of error, yet why should He then decide to create individuals and make them deliberately unaware of His existence?
    My political compass:
    Economic Left/Right: -5.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The writing is on the wall.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    16,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Let's face it, none of this deranged religion nonsense - not a single bit of it - makes a lick of sense whatsoever, and you'd have to be some sort of Special kid at this point of the 21st century to actually swallow a single word of it.

    It's a waste of time trying to discover any reason or logic in these holy books. It's all just nonsensical gibberish written by primitive peoples who still wondered where mountains and rainbows came from.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloatingVoterTralee View Post
    A theological quandary has occurred to me - since the abolition of limbo, what would be the eschatological destiny of pagan, or perhaps more accurately pre-Christian, souls? Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell, as though Original Sin covers all mankind, how could pre-Christians sin against a religion or deity entirely unknown to them? God is incapable of error, yet why should He then decide to create individuals and make them deliberately unaware of His existence?
    Religion of all forms is riddled with logical inconsistencies and fallacies. Just apply Occam's razor.
    Redacted.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,320
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    What if....deep breath....souls don't exist?

    Think about it.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    Let's face it, none of this deranged religion nonsense - not a single bit of it - makes a lick of sense whatsoever, and you'd have to be some sort of Special kid at this point of the 21st century to actually swallow a single word of it.

    It's a waste of time trying to discover any reason or logic in these holy books. It's all just nonsensical gibberish written by primitive peoples who still wondered where mountains and rainbows came from.

    Hmmm a man hitting forty emigrates alone without any family or partner to NZ and continues to post hatred on Irish forum. Now why is that? Where did all this bitterness originate?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloatingVoterTralee View Post
    A theological quandary has occurred to me - since the abolition of limbo, what would be the eschatological destiny of pagan, or perhaps more accurately pre-Christian, souls? Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell, as though Original Sin covers all mankind, how could pre-Christians sin against a religion or deity entirely unknown to them? God is incapable of error, yet why should He then decide to create individuals and make them deliberately unaware of His existence?
    Did you have a nightmare about that? Did it wake you up in the middle of the night in a barren world, far from libraries, Dante and civilisation? Have all the libraries in our town Tralee now been closed and reference books banned?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Crawling from the wreckage.
    Posts
    18,244
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloatingVoterTralee View Post
    A theological quandary has occurred to me - since the abolition of limbo, what would be the eschatological destiny of pagan, or perhaps more accurately pre-Christian, souls? Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell, as though Original Sin covers all mankind, how could pre-Christians sin against a religion or deity entirely unknown to them? God is incapable of error, yet why should He then decide to create individuals and make them deliberately unaware of His existence?
    If you start with the premise that God doesn't exist then the question is easily answered and you can fall asleep again.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,320
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainwillard View Post
    Hmmm a man hitting forty emigrates alone without any family or partner to NZ and continues to posts hatred on Irish forum. Now why is that? Where did all this bitterness originate?
    I didn't see any bitterness in his post. But I do see you often stalking people on this site spreading your bile.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    16,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainwillard View Post
    Hmmm a man hitting forty emigrates alone without any family or partner to NZ and continues to posts hatred on Irish forum. Now why is that? Where did all this bitterness originate?


    Yer utterly obsessed with me for some weird reason!

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •