Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: John Waters unleashes on social media

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default John Waters unleashes on social media

Venomous and toxic social media out of control - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 04, 2013

John is angry and he has attacked the "toxic" and "venomous" social media. This is the third piece I have read this week in the Irish print media attacking social media but by far the most shrill. John hankers for the good old days when the only opinion heard were those of a select group of talking heads. Waters says that
    " now there is a rapidly growing sense that something needs to be done, and soon, to curb the toxic and lawless climate developing on the web."
    Personally I don't think anything needs to be done. I am glad that the providers will be exempt from defamation actions if they try and manage things properly under the EU Electronic Commerce Directive. The Wtaers of this world would love to shut them down but we should always err on the side of free speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Venomous and toxic social media out of control - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 04, 2013

John is angry and he has attacked the "toxic" and "venomous" social media. This is the third piece I have read this week in the Irish print media attacking social media but by far the most shrill. John hankers for the good old days when the only opinion heard were those of a select group of talking heads. Waters says that Personally I don't think anything needs to be done. I am glad that the providers will be exempt from defamation actions if they try and manage things properly under the EU Electronic Commerce Directive. The Wtaers of this world would love to shut them down but we should always err on the side of free speech.
    John and his pals in the media need to understand that they will NEVER control some peoples minds....They are just going to have to get used to it.....Besides he is a unberable bore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cillian32 View Post
    John and his pals in the media need to understand that they will NEVER control some peoples minds....They are just going to have to get used to it.....Besides he is a unbearable bore.
    Remember his nasty attack on an Taisce? He called them chinless wonders. It was filled with vitriol. He is a hypocrite.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To use a common web expression: Meh!
    Regards...jmcc

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, which one of you twitterers attacked Sinead O'Connor and inspired the latest rant from JW ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John is angry and he has attacked the "toxic" and "venomous" social media. This is the third piece I have read this week in the Irish print media attacking social media but by far the most shrill. John hankers for the good old days when the only opinion heard were those of a select group of talking heads. Waters says that
    " now there is a rapidly growing sense that something needs to be done, and soon, to curb the toxic and lawless climate developing on the web."
    Personally I don't think anything needs to be done. I am glad that the providers will be exempt from defamation actions if they try and manage things properly under the EU Electronic Commerce Directive. The Waters of this world would love to shut them down but we should always err on the side of free speech.
    Hilarious quote there from the man who had good things to say about CJH !!!

A growing sense amongst whom exactly ? Boring journalists who write for a property paper with a news supplement ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

social media sites have their own bias. look through the pages of boards.ie and even this fine site and you will find that the catholic church is the ultimate evil and you can say anything you want against it. on boards.ie the mods will get rid of you if you express any pro catholic sentiment during a'debate' on the church. ditto on any 'debate regarding 'foreigners' and 'travellers'.

David Norris on the other hand is a darling of social media sites and nothing bad should be said about him. as indeed no awkward questions about darina allen's husband are entertained.

Politics.ie Member the_Observer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John is angry and he has attacked the "toxic" and "venomous" social media. This is the third piece I have read this week in the Irish print media attacking social media but by far the most shrill. John hankers for the good old days when the only opinion heard were those of a select group of talking heads. Waters says that Personally I don't think anything needs to be done. I am glad that the providers will be exempt from defamation actions if they try and manage things properly under the EU Electronic Commerce Directive. The Wtaers of this world would love to shut them down but we should always err on the side of free speech.
    John is just another pseudo-intellectual bore. If he doesn't like the hearing honest opinion of his work, he shouldn't publish. Stop trying to regulate the damn internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anything John Waters is for, I'm against.

Politics.ie Member Monday Monday's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John Waters.

King Cnút battling back the tide.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast