Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T.D.'s look after themselves again........and you pay for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default T.D.'s look after themselves again........and you pay for it

FORMER politicians who win back their Dail seats will be able to re-enter a gold-plated pension scheme. Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin has signed a new order that will see all new public servants and new politicians getting much-reduced pensions -- but he made an exception for returning politicians.

The brass neck of the f.en pygmy. I think that he is thinking of all his fellow Labour politicians, who will lose their seats, and then regain them, as the Irish public has a notorious short memory. I await the reasoning, and the political support that he will receive off some of the posters on this site.......I'm sure that they will be along soon

TDs who regain seat will enjoy 'golden' pension - National News - Independent.ie
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why don't the Looper Party cut straight to the chase and give an inheritance tax exemption for younger family members inheriting their parents/uncle's/aunt's place in the family political seat in the Dail ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post
    FORMER politicians who win back their Dail seats will be able to re-enter a gold-plated pension scheme. Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin has signed a new order that will see all new public servants and new politicians getting much-reduced pensions -- but he made an exception for returning politicians.

The brass neck of the f.en pygmy. I think that he is thinking of all his fellow Labour politicians, who will lose their seats, and then regain them, as the Irish public has a notorious short memory. I await the reasoning, and the political support that he will receive off some of the posters on this site.......I'm sure that they will be along soon

TDs who regain seat will enjoy 'golden' pension - National News - Independent.ie

Don't say you were one of them foolish voters who fell for this 'new politics' ************************e, that was spouted before the last election.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post

But people voted Labour and vigorously defend policies such as these here. It is helping the worse off and the deserving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our electoral system is flawed in that a politician can lose his seat because the electorate want to teach him a lesson because he was not involved in parish pump politics.
    A lot of Labour TDs will lose their seats because they do not partake in gombeen politics and have the national interests at heart.

Our former Taoiseach also put the country before party and got punished for it.

When will we learn that Dáil Éireann is a national parliament and has to look after the interests of the whole country and parish pump politics has no place in Dáil Éireann.

I think returning TD should have no financial disadvantage as we need the finest and brightest minds to get us out of the financial mess we currently find ourselves in.

We are currently doing very well and there will be more pain along the way but we have brighter days ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jo9jo View Post
    Our electoral system is flawed in that a politician can lose his seat because the electorate want to teach him a lesson because he was not involved in parish pump politics.
    A lot of Labour TDs will lose their seats because they do not partake in gombeen politics and have the national interests at heart.

When will we learn that Dáil Éireann is a national parliament and has to look after the interests of the whole country and parish pump politics has no place in Dáil Éireann.

I think returning TD should have no financial disadvantage as we need the finest and brightest minds to get us out of the financial mess we currently find ourselves in.

We are currently doing very well and there will be more pain along the way but we have brighter days ahead.
    The finest and brightest minds got us in to this mess.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Labour are the enemies of Ireland and, as this thread shows, think primarily about themselves.
    "We" have brighter days ahead if "we" are Labour Party politicians legislating through benefits for ourselves.
    The best and brightest are not in the Labour Party.
    I watched mafia Hits on Meyer Lansky, the Jewish financier who worked with Italian gangsters. The FBI said he only looked smart because the others were so dumb and semi-literate. Swap Irish Labour for Cosa Nostra and you get the picture. Thick, self indulgent thugs and anyone with a shred of PR cred can look good amongst those hypocrites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    The finest and brightest minds got us in to this mess.
    A bank going wallop got us into this mess.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Why don't the Looper Party cut straight to the chase and give an inheritance tax exemption for younger family members inheriting their parents/uncle's/aunt's place in the family political seat in the Dail ?
    There is no inheritance tax on succeeding to the family dail seat.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doing well?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast