Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: What is the Governments' and Opposition parties' opinion on bloodsports as of Jan 2013?

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What is the Governments' and Opposition parties' opinion on bloodsports as of Jan 2013?

Sorry I don't remember seeing a thread on this issue on the site in recent months. There was a debate in the Dáil and Seanad on bloodsports in September 2012. The Irish Council Against Bloodsports have a very enlightening Youtube page which also features clips of around a dozen politicians contributions to that debate on it.

ICABS- Youtube

I understand that a lot of party members are against bloodsports but according to the contributors in that debate Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin AREN'T! So, I for one would encourage their members to effect change on their stance within their parties. Good luck!

Irish Council Against Blood Sports - Working For Ireland's Wildlife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some bloodsports are not at all bad. In coursing, for example, the hare is well protected.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Junior B Hurling is my favourite.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But sure bloodsports are good for the animal, good for the community and good for the economy.

They are bad for liberals and people with too much time on their hands.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    Sorry I don't remember seeing a thread on this issue on the site in recent months. There was a debate in the Dáil and Seanad on bloodsports in September 2012. The Irish Council Against Bloodsports have a very enlightening Youtube page which also features clips of around a dozen politicians contributions to that debate on it.

ICABS- Youtube

I understand that a lot of party members are against bloodsports but according to the contributors in that debate Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin AREN'T! So, I for one would encourage their members to effect change on their stance within their parties. Good luck!

Irish Council Against Blood Sports - Working For Ireland's Wildlife
    They should be called "Sports". They should be called pursuits. To use the word sport alongside these barbarities is an insult to all sportsmen and women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    They should be called "Sports". They should be called pursuits. To use the word sport alongside these barbarities is an insult to all sportsmen and women.
    But there's thousands of jobs in coursing. Good for the economy and the hare is protected!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

when the greens went after field sports in the pro for government with ff the effect of the RISE campaign and the holy stink that was kicked up by hunting/shooting/coursing fraternity showed all the parties that supporting fieldsports was a vote winner not a looser. at the very least it showed that its not a topic any of em will touch with a ************************ty stick. hunting and coursing etc have a bright future in ireland.