Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic chaos north dublin......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Traffic chaos north dublin......

Over 1 hour to travel, 2 miles.......the m1 at a standstill, dublin airport, airside in swords. Couldn't see anything.

Anyone know why ? Not a peep on the radio.....

If anyone was injured in an accident , I wish them a speedy recovery but i seriously hope this was not some bright sparks creation so some overpaid bureaucrat could be sped into town in quick time.

I personally was very close to running out of petrol and I saw 2 other cars broken down/out of fuel.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Multi-vehicle crash at J4 at Donabate. Diversions...AA Dublin Traffic Report, Traffic Updates | AA Ireland. Diversions at Balbriggan also.

That's your problem. Can you get AA Roadwatch (Dublin) on your phone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    Over 1 hour to travel, 2 miles.......the m1 at a standstill, dublin airport, airside in swords. Couldn't see anything.

If anyone was injured in an accident , I wish them a speedy recovery but i seriously hope this was not some bright sparks creation so some overpaid bureaucrat could be sped into town in quick time.

I personally was very close to running out of petrol and I saw 2 other cars broken down/out of fuel.
    Chances are some idiot like you was texting on his mobile

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post

Why don't we have a subway in Dublin? Bureaucracy. What about a proper bus service, jetties, share-taxi's? Bureaucracy. What about overhead turnpikes or underground autobahns? Bureaucracy. Where are our roads? Bureaucracy. It's this micro-management bureaucratic BS that has held this country back for far too long. Why must we go through Micks fathers uncles nephews dogs aunt to build a mickey mouse road from Ballygobackwards to Ballybackarse? If some entrepreneur wants to build a private road, surely all he needs is the permission of the farmer whos field he will build across and thus, both can decide monies.

Mad stuff altogether.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    That's your problem. Can you get AA Roadwatch (Dublin) on your phone?
    There's a neat app where you can view the traffic cameras on your andriod. Much better than listening to AA Wrongwatch telling us about the traffic between Merrion Gates and St Vincents Hospital.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE Radio 1 warned of a multi vehicle accident on their 1pm news.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    There's a neat app where you can view the traffic cameras on your andriod. Much better than listening to AA Wrongwatch telling us about the traffic between Merrion Gates and St Vincents Hospital.
    Well, AA Roadwatch have the explanation for Nonpartyboy's delay up on their webpage.....He is stuck there. At least he knows why, now

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R3volution_R3ady View Post
    Why don't we have a subway in Dublin? Bureaucracy.
    And Ahern's only regret when he finally had to resign in disgrace: No underused, overpriced sports stadium in West Dublin. Go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    Chances are some idiot like you was texting on his mobile
    I was at home when I started the op, you clown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R3volution_R3ady View Post
    Why don't we have a subway in Dublin?
    Because successive governments have ignored the experts three times over the last 40-years when they recommended a rapid rail network, underground in the city centre and built-up areas - and listened to muppets like McDonald and Myers (media), Barrett and McCarthy ('economists') and that clown O'Leary (Scamair). Short-term stickyplasters are considered much better vote winners than long-term cures involving surgery.

You see, Dublin is Irish and is this completely different to places like Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, Vienna, Prague, Budapest, Munich, Stuttgart, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hanover, Hamburg, Nuremburg, etc...

And when they finally did accept what the experts were saying back in 2001, Ahern's govt dithered so much that by the time the plans were ready to begin construction (Metro North and Dart Underground) there was no money to do it - again thanks to the insanity of Bertienomics and its consequences.

Now we have two ready to build projects with full planning permission and €200m spent in preparatory work, and no chance of them being built for a decade or more.

And that clown Varadkar is boasting about how this govt will build a the Luas link in the city centre which will be beyond capacity before it even opens in 2017 - another €400m wasted.

The traffic volumes on that north Dublin corridor from north of Swords past the airport to the city centre more than justify the investment in Metro North - and that will be even more apparent as the roads gridlock as the economy recovers.

I wonder how many people missed their flights today due to this single accident and its consequences?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast