Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unionist Forum already running out of steam according to PUP's Hutchinson.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Unionist Forum already running out of steam according to PUP's Hutchinson.

PUP leader Billy Hutchinson has said he expects to lodge a challenge next week to the decision taken by Belfast City Council to fly the flag on designated days.

Billy also feels the new talking shop called the Unionist Forum has already run out of steam. This is actually quite a dangerous development as the DUP-UUP led project could possibly lose leadership and fall into the wrong hands as some far right groups from Britain have been keen to exploit the situation in relation to the Union Flag.

Billy also believes it's hard to keep track of the protests and where and when they taking place. “Now I am hearing reports of more major protests being planned – it is very hard to keep up with what is happening – but claims that paramilitaries are behind this are wrong.

“From what I can see on Facebook, they are being organised by ordinary people.

“I firmly believe that the decision to take down the flag was wrong, and the focus should be on Sinn Fein''.

Perhaps the focus should be on SF with this is not the case. Obnoxious protests, disruption of ordinary people regardless of class and creed certainly failed to focus the attention on SF, it's clear where the traders' anger and civic society's frustration lies - the protesters draped in Union flags blocking roads and disrupting daily lives. Billy is still being coy about his master-plan and admits even he isn't sure what this challenge will entail, 'there are just a few minor details which need to be checked', he said.

It is also slightly worrying due to the fact a prominent worker said Christmas retarded the attendances on street corners, main roads and city centres, however the pic below kinda laughs in the face of that suggestion. Seems to be more robocops than loyalist protesters.

'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is actually quite a dangerous development as the DUP-UUP led project could possibly lose leadership and fall into the wrong hands as some far right groups from Britain have been keen to exploit the situation in relation to the Union Flag.
    It's already happening:
    MAJOR flag protests are set to start again across Northern Ireland in the comings days, with plans to set up a People’s Forum to address loyalist fears.
    Flag protests resume as People

Unionism is in complete disarray. They are looking to people like Willie Frazer for leadership ffs!
    Some of their websites are nothing more than an outlet for vicious sectarian bile against taigs/the unwashed/ fenian b*stards etc. It must surely be incitement to hatred.
    The front page of today's Irish News quotes one, "I think it is the politicians fault were in this mess shoot a few taigs and few pipes{bombs} lying about problem shouldn't be too long in getting sorted."
    The author say's she went to an integrated school!
    Another reads,"Lets show them dirty scum this is our wee country and we will fly our national flag with pride.No surrender."

Robinson said a few weeks ago the Nationalism is in crisis. If that's so (it's not) what would you call the state of Unionism/Loyalism? Nervous breakdown?

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Billy's not at the races, both the PUP and DUP seen the flag issue as away of gaining/claiming back alliance voters in Belfast. but it has gone beyond their control simple fact is the flag decision has enraged some, across a range of views. personally i am surprised they are still going on but they certainly seemed to be organised on an ad hoc local basis with some politicians attending rather than organising...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Billy's not at the races, both the PUP and DUP seen the flag issue as away of gaining/claiming back alliance voters in Belfast. but it has gone beyond their control simple fact is the flag decision has enraged some, across a range of views. personally i am surprised they are still going on but they certainly seemed to be organised on an ad hoc local basis with some politicians attending rather than organising...
    The DUP/UUP wound them up with their leaflets and now can't control the monster. They'll dump them at the first opportunity, just like Paisley taught them to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    The DUP/UUP wound them up with their leaflets and now can't control the monster. They'll dump them at the first opportunity, just like Paisley taught them to.
    partially correct but it's not just as simple as that there where no leaflets outside of Belfast (i assume?) yet the 'protest' spread, the numbers are tiny and as long as they are peaceful the less attention they get the better, a bit like the disso strip search protests that where held across the country...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's twenty to fleg time, you off to annoy motorists in a "better" way?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

oh and not necessary a dig at loner (happy new year chara) but how many threads have there been on the tiny number that take part in a flag protest? how many threads were there on the murder of a prison officer? something to consider if anyone has any thoughts about this forum been taken seriously... if it's just a bit of bashing themuns as ye all know thats ney bother i am the man but i was going to try a bit of serious debate for my New Year's resolution!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    oh and not necessary a dig at loner (happy new year chara) but how many threads have there been on the tiny number that take part in a flag protest? how many threads were there on the murder of a prison officer? something to consider if anyone has any thoughts about this forum been taken seriously... if it's just a bit of bashing themuns as ye all know thats ney bother i am the man but i was going to try a bit of serious debate for my New Year's resolution!!!
    If it is so unimportant, why are the leaders of Unionism making absolute t!ts of themselves to appease them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    It's twenty to fleg time, you off to annoy motorists in a "better" way?
    sorry to disappoint you but i haven't and won't be protesting and i have made my views very clear to those who borrowed my 1000 Union flags...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast