Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Kenny "can't afford to retire"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pat Kenny "can't afford to retire"

Pat Kenny says he can't afford to retire, as he reveals his regrets over turning down UK work - Celeb News, Independent Woman - Independent.ie

Wow. Pat is just like the rest of us, and there was me thinking that anyone earning 729k a year would be having it easy. Guess all the hassle over the "land grab" was a mistake.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    Pat Kenny says he can't afford to retire, as he reveals his regrets over turning down UK work - Celeb News, Independent Woman - Independent.ie

Wow. Pat is just like the rest of us, and there was me thinking that anyone earning €729k a year would be having it easy. Guess all the hassle over the "land grab" was a mistake.

Get ready for more such stories. Even the well remunerated made stupid forrays into property and other investments now tainted.

I can well believe Pat is under water financially. What bank,. back in the day, wouldn't have given the likes of Kenny whatever they asked for?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously an extortion racket extorting a levy out of working families who can barely afford their own groceries, does not provide enough comfort for plank !!!!!

Sell Pravda, abolish the non-consensual levy racket, and let the Pravda bores absord some realism !!!!
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    Get ready for more such stories. Even the well remunerated made stupid forrays into property and other investments now tainted.

I can well believe Pat is under water financially. What bank,. back in the day, wouldn't have given the likes of Kenny whatever they asked for?
    My Dentist and Doctor are still working, well into retirement, for these reasons, but they compete on a relativly open market for business.

Pat is being paid €700K because someone thinks it is a good Idea. Some of that money is ours. This is wrong.

No-one in the state deserves a "bail-out" to that extent. I have a bit of time for the Plank as a broadcaster, but the context of his remuneration taints any commentary he ever makes on current affairs, and also taints his objectivity as a moderator of debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You only have to look at his old pal Gaybo to see what has happened to a lot of people who were high earners over the last few decades - still working in his late-70s.

His savings and investments were wiped out twice - first when he was ripped off by his accountant, then by the recent banking and property crashes.

Quite a few in the same boat thanks to the latter - including my own boss and my wife's boss, both small business owners.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In this country, the only way you can be unable to afford to retire having been on a salary of 729k is if you lost it all in property.

Well done Pat, you plank.

Gay Byrne lost it all in property, as did Mike Murphy. But not to worry, RTE will create some tenuous bullsh1t show you can showcase and earn some soft money on.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post

But I thought he knew everything?

After all, didnt somebody somewhere say he was a mechanical engineer?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as there is a compulsory, levy extracted out of working families, under the threat of a jail sentence, this level of largesse will continue.

The problem is the Pravda levy. The Pravda Levy makes Montrose Millionaires inevitable.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davoid View Post
    But I thought he knew everything?

After all, didnt somebody somewhere say he was a mechanical engineer?
    Chemical?

From wiki:

"Kenny was educated at the O'Connell School[7] and obtained a chemical engineering degree from University College Dublin (UCD) in 1969,"

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast