Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore's Finest Hour - lots not done more not to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gilmore's Finest Hour - lots not done more not to do!

What a great waffler we have in Dáil Éireann! Everything is now going to be rosy. We are saved! The recession will be over and the political landscape will be radically altered.

“My parting words to the parliamentary party was when we come back in 2013 we will need to be talking and thinking about what post-recession Ireland will look like. I see enormous potential. The EU presidency absolutely parallels what we are doing, concentrating on jobs and growth and trade,” he said.
    Does anyone believe this motormouthed non achieving waste of space any more?

Talking up the austerity indeed! The budget will bring us to the land of Eden and all praise to the Labour Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Happy Gilmore. Here is what he didn't say;

1. The national debt is closing in on €200bn. That's 4 times more than pre crisis.
    2. Household debt is €189bn.
    3. 1.8 m taxpayers burdened with ever higher taxes are expected to service both.
    4. You get hit for 52% top rate all in taxes at just 1x Avr wage, it takes 4 x Avr in UK and in top services Sweden, 1.7 times, more like €50k single person here.
    5. Gilmore's chum's Jobs Inititative robbed €1bn already from private pension pots and has produced no credible record of jobs. The DoF claim 9,000 in hospitality even if correct that's €111,000 per job costing max €25k.
    6. 1.5 m taxpayers cross subsidise 310,000 taxpayers thru a public cartel agreement that affords them the highest pay levels in the EU. This obcenity is core to his politics.

The leader of these clowns Gilmore tells us today that Ireland will emerge to growth 2H 2013. Poppycock.

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If only he could turn his anger. into a decent policy or two! Labour's support must be fek'n shocking if his massive anger is anything to go by.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Israelis don't seem to like Gilmore.

Check this out in today's Jerusalem Post!

Analysis: Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lads very much agree and if I may....

You missed that retailers are still paying bubble level rents, that there is an overhang of buy to let properties - which the banks must address this year, so pushing valuations down, so creating a negative feedback loop on consumer confidence (a negative wealth effect) and bank capitalisation.
    Which brings me to the rather big question of are the banks actually lending? Will they lend this year?

I suspect that Gimeemore is hoping that the FDI / export sector will again flatter our GDP statistics. The reality in the domestic sector is somewhat worse.

Is this new year's message the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard as he watches his back from Shorthall etc. Or is he somehow hoping to Stakhonovite style turn the economy around by his exertions?

I got a worse jolt when I heard Michael Murphy read the former Republican Club member's prognosntications on the news than I did when I heard the Jim "Softlanding" Power ad where he proudly announces to the emigrant classes that
    he's an economist.

I want a strong, sustainable economy. To get there we need a reality check and a laser like focus and a genuine national coalition of hearts and minds.

If you're emigrating today after Christmas travel safe and remember in the words of the ong that those airplanes go both ways.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Lads very much agree and if I may....

You missed that retailers are still paying bubble level rents, that there is an overhang of buy to let properties - which the banks must address this year, so pushing valuations down, so creating a negative feedback loop on consumer confidence (a negative wealth effect) and bank capitalisation.
    Which brings me to the rather big question of are the banks actually lending? Will they lend this year?

I suspect that Gimeemore is hoping that the FDI / export sector will again flatter our GDP statistics. The reality in the domestic sector is somewhat worse.

Is this new year's message the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard as he watches his back from Shorthall etc. Or is he somehow hoping to Stakhonovite style turn the economy around by his exertions?

I got a worse jolt when I heard Michael Murphy read the former Republican Club member's prognosntications on the news than I did when I heard the Jim "Softlanding" Power ad where he proudly announces to the emigrant classes that
    he's an economist.

I want a strong, sustainable economy. To get there we need a reality check and a laser like focus and a genuine national coalition of hearts and minds.

If you're emigrating today after Christmas travel safe and remember in the words of the ong that those airplanes go both ways.
    Hear hear, also, avoid Israel.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    What a great waffler we have in Dáil Éireann! Everything is now going to be rosy. We are saved! The recession will be over and the political landscape will be radically altered.

Does anyone believe this motormouthed non achieving waste of space any more?

Talking up the austerity indeed! The budget will bring us to the land of Eden and all praise to the Labour Party.
    Classic political spin. Things are getting worse and the future looks grimmer than ever yet talk up the positive instead of tackling the issues at hand.

The man like most of the government is utterly deluded.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InsideImDancing View Post
    Hear hear, also, avoid Israel.

I am more inclined to offer the old fire brigade warning to our new emigrants i have seen too many of my generation come back here to have their dreams and lives shattered by the scum that runs this country . So if your going ,take the fire brigades advice
    ''GET OUT , GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT , AND STAY OUT !, until you see a complete change in this country . Safe travelling

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joemac67 View Post

I am more inclined to offer the old fire brigade warning to our new emigrants i have seen too many of my generation come back here to have their dreams and lives shattered by the scum that runs this country . So if your going ,take the fire brigades advice
    ''GET OUT , GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT , AND STAY OUT !, until you see a complete change in this country . Safe travelling
    If those of us who want change all leave there'll be no change, ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TimBuckII View Post
    If those of us who want change all leave there'll be no change, ever.
    Conversely, if those of us who want change stay, there'll be no change, ever. We have proof of that. Actually, scub that! We have change for the worse, year on year and the gravy boat is exclusively for the chosen few who are usually chosen by the majority who incidentally, do not want change or so they think in their infinite wisdom.

My green shirt faded many years ago and now wipes up paint splashes!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast