Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 601

Thread: Kincora scandal- where are the Govt files?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Kincora scandal- where are the Govt files?

    The latest govt files on a range of issues were recently released by the British govt. strangely ether they had no file on the Kincorra home scandal or if they had a file It has not been released. That seems rather odd given that the story was so massive in NI terms. The extracts below are from a tweet by Tommy McKernan who was referring to a Newsletter article. Rather odd stuff.

    @Tommymckearney: This was possibly the biggest story relating to 6-Cos in 1982. Yet no official records released. Sort of spooky. Kincora file conspicously absent from government records - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter


    AMONG the hundreds of files from 1982 released at the Public Record Office in Belfast, there is no file on the Kincora scandal.


    The serial abuse of boys at the home for orphans had emerged publicly in 1980 and the most notorious abuser, William McGrath, was jailed in December 1981.
    #3amigos

  2. #2
    Castle Ray
    Guest

    Default

    Noticed that in the paper myself. It's very odd and needs questioned. Seems unfathomable that no file existed.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,875
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    The latest govt files on a range of issues were recently released by the British govt. strangely ether they had no file on the Kincorra home scandal or if they had a file It has not been released. That seems rather odd given that the story was so massive in NI terms. The extracts below are from a tweet by Tommy McKernan who was referring to a Newsletter article. Rather odd stuff.

    @Tommymckearney: This was possibly the biggest story relating to 6-Cos in 1982. Yet no official records released. Sort of spooky. Kincora file conspicously absent from government records - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter


    AMONG the hundreds of files from 1982 released at the Public Record Office in Belfast, there is no file on the Kincora scandal.


    The serial abuse of boys at the home for orphans had emerged publicly in 1980 and the most notorious abuser, William McGrath, was jailed in December 1981.
    It's well known that the Brits only release the less embarrassing stuff, which is exactly what happened with this file.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle Ray View Post
    Noticed that in the paper myself. It's very odd and needs questioned. Seems unfathomable that no file existed.
    Agreed. Good journalism by Newsletter also.
    #3amigos

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,424
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    Agreed. Good journalism by Newsletter also.
    But have to wonder why there were no 1980 and 1981 files released in the previous 2 years ?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    But have to wonder why there were no 1980 and 1981 files released in the previous 2 years ?
    Yes. Something smelly about this.
    #3amigos

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,984
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    probably because of the Mi5 connections, i hope all those involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell.
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    probably because of the Mi5 connections, i hope all those involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell.
    Agreed. But there were also accusations at the time viz politicians etc. I will not repeat them here but it does make me scratch my head and wonder if?.?.?.
    #3amigos

  9. #9
    Castle Ray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    Agreed. But there were also accusations at the time viz politicians etc. I will not repeat them here but it does make me scratch my head and wonder if?.?.?.
    Yes I've heard the rumours about profile Politicians who are very much still alive, but there's a danger with rumour and what the files could insinuate without any actual evidence. I suppose that and the MI5 connection is why it's disappeared. I would still like to have that whole sorry affair scrutinised properly. The abuse of children in that home was a disgrace all round.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Gurdiev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Could it be that there are actually still some suits pending ?

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •