Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 194 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalists Dublin bound demanding removal of Tricolour!

Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Loyalists Dublin bound demanding removal of Tricolour!

Wee Willie has outdone himself this time!

Loyalist flag protesters to target Oireachtas tricolour in Dublin - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

The fact that the Union Flag decision was made solely by the elected representatives of Belfast City Council (not the Pope, the Irish Government or the Dalai Lama) seems to have escaped him.

Still our UK tourist numbers are down and this could give them a welcome boost, couldn't it?
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.a. baracus View Post
    Wee Willie has outdone himself this time!

Loyalist flag protesters to target Oireachtas tricolour in Dublin - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

The fact that the Union Flag decision was made solely by the elected representatives of Belfast City Council (not the Pope, the Irish Government or the Dalai Lama) seems to have escaped him.

Still our UK tourist numbers are down and this could give them a welcome boost, couldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They're not very clever, are they?

Although I'm delighted to see that we apparently now have a United Ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is great news but really it not news.

simeongrimes

“We understand that people may be upset that we are coming down to ask that their country’s flag be removed, but perhaps they will understand what it has been like for us.”
    More bemused I'd say. The only concern I would have is that the Minister for Justice is on the ball and ensures this protest is allowed to proceed peacefully and that if any of our own scobies try to attack it they get a swift kick in the arse from the Gardai.

If a protest is allowed then it must be protected no matter how off-topic it may be.

Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    They're not very clever, are they?

Although I'm delighted to see that we apparently now have a United Ireland
    Wee Willie does have a bit of history in the stupid stakes. To give just one recent example: Wee Willie accused a school in the north of being a training ground for IRA terrorists for flying the Irish flag in its grounds, that was until somebody pointed out that it was in fact an Italian flag being flown as part of a school exchange programme.
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The man is a total tool. I am sure that they will receive a warm welcome from some of our north inner city residents.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeongrimes View Post
    More bemused I'd say. The only concern I would have is that the Minister for Justice is on the ball and ensures this protest is allowed to proceed peacefully and that if any of our own scobies try to attack it they get a swift kick in the arse from the Gardai.

If a protest is allowed then it must be protected no matter how off-topic it may be.
    I agree worry about the people that have done nothing first.

Politics.ie Member friendlyfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is worse than Kim Kardashian an absolute attention seeker.....get him on the X Factor singing the sash because he is some clown!
    Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The loyalists may have a point if they just asked for the orange part of the flag to be removed as the Irish govnt and most people here don't care -or like - the loyalist community.
    (Mind you I'm not sure whether many people here like or care much about any community in the North)

Page 1 of 194 123451151101 ... LastLast