Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 201

Thread: Ireland's National Concert Hall: a damp squib?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Imperial Throne
    Posts
    44,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Ireland's National Concert Hall: a damp squib?

    National Concert Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Looking through the 2013 schedule for this state sponsored enterprise there is little to capture the imagination. For years irish people hollered for a nch now having got one it has failed utterly to impress itself either upon it's own city or abroad as a venue of any importence whatever. Is it it time to close down this cultural loss maker and embarassment?
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgrade Serbia
    Posts
    37,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It was never going to live up to your lofty standards anyway. Not much does.
    Yeah close it down cause you don't like it......................
    Сохранить Украины

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kildare, but really from Cork
    Posts
    8,084
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    National Concert Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Looking through the 2013 schedule for this state sponsored enterprise there is little to capture the imagination. For years irish people hollered for a nch now having got one it has failed utterly to impress itself either upon it's own city or abroad as a venue of any importence whatever. Is it it time to close down this cultural loss maker and embarassment?
    Only an idiot would post the above, or an idiot that who never enjoyed a night there.

    Its all about taste my dear boy, something you clearly lack.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    55,716
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    National Concert Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Looking through the 2013 schedule for this state sponsored enterprise there is little to capture the imagination. For years irish people hollered for a nch now having got one it has failed utterly to impress itself either upon it's own city or abroad as a venue of any importence whatever. Is it it time to close down this cultural loss maker and embarassment?
    Where's the 2013 Schedule - or do we not need to see it, you having adjudicated on it on our behalf?

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Imperial Throne
    Posts
    44,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    It was never going to live up to your lofty standards anyway. Not much does.
    Yeah close it down cause you don't like it......................
    Well the problem is the dreary schedhules and inability to attract top performers? That is a management issue that has persisted for years and questions need to be asked why is it so? I'm all for a National Concert Hall that could be a real cultural icon for the city alas that is very far from what we currently have.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgrade Serbia
    Posts
    37,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Well the problem is the dreary schedhules and inability to attract top performers? That is a management issue that has persisted for years and questions need to be asked why is it so? I'm all for a National Concert Hall that could be a real cultural icon for the city alas that is very far from what we currently have.

    In your opinion. Others appear to disagree. Who to beleive?
    Сохранить Украины

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,431
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Where's the 2013 Schedule
    https://www.nch.ie/online/

    lazy ****
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Akureyri and Ushuaia
    Posts
    8,999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Field Mouse, did the ushers refused to allow you to bring your pint of lager into the hall after the interval? (in the unlikely event you even know where it is)

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    55,716
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Thank you

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Imperial Throne
    Posts
    44,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Where's the 2013 Schedule - or do we not need to see it, you having adjudicated on it on our behalf?
    If your happy to accept my opinion as an adjudication that pleases me greatly. Otherwise you can check out this link https://www.nch.ie/online/https://www.nch.ie/online/
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •