Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Are Irish Political Talkshow presenters capable of controlling their guests ?

Default Are Irish Political Talkshow presenters capable of controlling their guests ?

Just listened to Newstalk. Watched lots of talking heads in political life recently.
    The one common denominator is that the loudest and rudest seem to get all the airtime.
    Irish Pictorial Weekly did a nice skit of it recently.

So, what do you think ? Should telly presenters bare their teeth more often ? or maybe its ok for Political figures to debate in a lively fashion ?
    Keep the discussion polite and respectful at all times.
    The Conch in Lord of the Flies
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    Just listened to Newstalk. Watched lots of talking heads in political life recently.
    The one common denominator is that the loudest and rudest seem to get all the airtime.
    Irish Pictorial Weekly did a nice skit of it recently.

So, what do you think ? Should telly presenters bare their teeth more often ? or maybe its ok for Political figures to debate in a lively fashion ?
    Keep the discussion polite and respectful at all times.
    The Conch in Lord of the Flies
    My discussion is always polite and respectful.

Regarding your OP. These people all drink together in the Horse Shoe Bar, I peeped in the window one evening and saw all the pigs standing on their hind legs whilst swilling brandy!!
    No a la vista, no en mente!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    My discussion is always polite and respectful.

Regarding your OP. These people all drink together in the Horse Shoe Bar, I peeped in the window one evening and saw all the pigs standing on their hind legs whilst swilling brandy!!
    Brandy is sipped, pints of beer are swilled and Guinness is lorried down!

Presenters? They are a sad joke. The work on the scripts the politicos give them. The questions are rehearsed as are the answers. Occasionally you get the odd one who goes off the script and can provide amusement. Lucinda and Kebabs come to mind! The plamk and the blond would be the worst presenters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Brandy is sipped, pints of beer are swilled and Guinness is lorried down!

Presenters? They are a sad joke. The work on the scripts the politicos give them. The questions are rehearsed as are the answers. Occasionally you get the odd one who goes off the script and can provide amusement. Lucinda and Kebabs come to mind! The plamk and the blond would be the worst presenters.
    Everything is swilled when it relates to pigs, I like wine so I schlurp.

The point is, they all collect together, like crows on a Summer Evening, and they rub each other's backs and grunt the right grunts to each other, Pigs!!!

Last edited by Rural; 30th December 2012 at 02:59 PM.
    No a la vista, no en mente!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Everything is swilled when it relates to pigs, I like wine so I schlurp.

The point is, they all collect together, like crows on a Summer Evening, and they rub each other's backs and grunt the right grunts to each other, Pigs!!!
    Flies around a turd would be more apt! The sad part is that there are so many deluded souls who lap up all the waffle and then come here to 'debate' the issues. The also defend the blatant lies.

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't take anything they say seriously anymore...

Most of the time when asked a straightforward question for which a Yes or No answer would be sufficient they instead waffle on interminably about something else before eventually evading the question they were asked...

It's infuriating and patronising and is probably partly down to them having been trained by parasites like Terry Prone... so why bother listening to them anymore...?

They're full of sh!t.

I don't even read the IT anymore either... cos it basically spins the government/'establishment' line and challenges nothing...

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    In fine form here.
    Regina, what do you stand for ?
    Well vincent, the most important thing in this election is our future...
    Then Vincent let's loose.

Last edited by Analyzer; 30th December 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.