Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of FG/Labour being re-elected?

Default Chances of FG/Labour being re-elected?

Come summer 2015 or early 2016, Taoiseach Enda Kenny will have to go to the country to seek a new mandate. The question is can he win a historic second term for a Fine Gael party that reached new highs in the last election. The question is can they hold onto gains they made last time and govern for 5 more years?
    "Ich bin ein Berliner- I am a jelly donut-JFK"

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Future Irish Leader View Post
    Come summer 2015 or early 2016, Taoiseach Enda Kenny will have to go to the country to seek a new mandate. The question is can he win a historic second term for a Fine Gael party that reached new highs in the last election. The question is can they hold onto gains they made last time and govern for 5 more years?
    They certainly have a chance of forming a coalition, possibly as the lead party, depending on events.

I don't see them forming a Govt with Labour though, can't see them getting the numbers. FG/FF would be my prediction, with a bit of a left/right feeling to the Dail.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Quote Originally Posted by InsideImDancing View Post
    They certainly have a chance of forming a coalition, possibly as the lead party, depending on events.

I don't see them forming a Govt with Labour though, can't see them getting the numbers. FG/FF would be my prediction, with a bit of a left/right feeling to the Dail.
    Probably should have phrased it as a chance of Enda Kenny returning for a second term as Taoiseach.
    "Ich bin ein Berliner- I am a jelly donut-JFK"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They'll get back in with a small majority. FF will remain largest party having recovered to 35+ seats. SF will remain largely the same.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus I'm glad I didn't start this thread.

Far too much time to go and too much water to go under the bridge. At this minute I'd go FG and maybe FG/ FF. Labor will be insignificant .
    #3amigos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The election is three years away. Far too early to tell yet.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Edit
    #3amigos

longshortgrass

Quote Originally Posted by Future Irish Leader View Post
    Probably should have phrased it as a chance of Enda Kenny returning for a second term as Taoiseach.
    Enda will hand over to Vlad Varadkar....

longshortgrass

Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post

Far too much time to go and too much water to go under the bridge. At this minute I'd go FG and maybe FG/ FF. Labor will be insignificant .
    Defeatist? petunia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post

Far too much time to go and too much water to go under the bridge. At this minute I'd go FG and maybe Ff/ FF. Labor will be insignificant .
    Why do you say that? There's no polling evidence of a labour wipe-out as all and sundry on p.ie seem to be predicting...

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast