Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Former ministers who claimed severance payments while still being members of the Dail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Former ministers who claimed severance payments while still being members of the Dail

According to the Irish Examiner "Several former ministers who are entitled to severance payments have claimed the allowance, despite still being members of the Dáil".

Just four ex-ministers refuse to take payout | Irish Examiner

The article cliams that they include "five Fianna Fáil TDs such as the current chairman of the Dáil’s public spending watchdog, John McGuinness, who has received €61,318 in severance payments since 2011.

The others are Dara Calleary, (€53,708); Michael Kitt, (€37,474); Billy Kelleher (€20,972); and Willie O’Dea (€8,064).

Labour TD Willie Penrose, who resigned as housing minister in Nov 2011, has claimed €28,240 in severance payments to date. "

And some politicians have the brass neck to say that they are exercising "moral pressure" on bankers to return some of their pension money.!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"The severance payment, introduced by Fianna Fáil during the boom, has cost the State almost €1.6m over the past two years. "

Vote FF IMF Anglo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A little reform

The Government announced in October that the perk, whose excessive scale was widely criticised during a review of all public service allowances earlier this year, is to be abolished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    A little reform

The Government announced in October that the perk, whose excessive scale was widely criticised during a review of all public service allowances earlier this year, is to be abolished.
    When?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Willie O'Dea ....“I got some hurtful emails saying I was a money grabber".

On a previous occasion when Willie O'Dea was mentioned in connection with step down money the following appeared in the Limerick Leader.

Limerick’s Willie O’Dea rejects “money grabber” slurs

In the course of the article Willie O'Dea was quoted as saying "“I got some hurtful emails saying I was a money grabber."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    On a previous occasion when Willie O'Dea was mentioned in connection with step down money the following appeared in the Limerick Leader.

Limerick’s Willie O’Dea rejects “money grabber” slurs

In the course of the article Willie O'Dea was quoted as saying "“I got some hurtful emails saying I was a money grabber."

Don't worry Willie, Tom Hayes is on the case.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    A little reform

'is to be abolished'

Note no date - could be like legislating for abortion, such a tricky sensitive issue better to let someone else tackle it.

Wasn't it also promised in the Budget?