Think about it...
What would you say are the 5 most important things that should be prioritised in Ireland in 2013?
Here's what I've come up with...
- Sustainable Debt
- We need a deal with the EU on our long term debt management, whether part write off, part over the longer term or whatever the exact terms. That has to be the number one priority for 2013.
2. Deal with the past
- There has been too much superficial and populist scapegoating and not enough genuine and solid analysis and honest conversations about the boom/bust. We need proper discussion and catharsis as a nation to be able to move on and to ensure we don’t repeat the mistakes of the past.
3. Be positive about the future
- The doom and gloom is too much, particularly on the young. We need to stop talking ourselves down and have confidence in our ability to create a worthwhile future.
- There’s a wise old saying that “education will set you free.” Investment in education is more important now than ever...
5. Reward the right thing
- As a society, we need to be more honest about our values. When people do the right thing, we need to acknowledge and reward their courage more.