Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MI6 Codebreaker "locked himself in holdall"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MI6 Codebreaker "locked himself in holdall"

I am not a great believer in conspiracy theories and see them as the product of a fevered imagination, usually by someone with too much time on their hands whilst living a solitary existence in their mother's basement. However, the theories surrounding the death of Gareth Williams have now taken on more plausibility than the theory now being put forward by the authorities.

MI6 codebreaker Gareth Williams 'probably locked himself into sports bag' - Telegraph

It seems they now accept that he stripped naked, put a holdall into his bath, climbed into it and locked it. Pull the other one.
    He worked in a job of a very sensitive nature, yet despite being missing for a week no-one in work reported him missing and then refused to handover files and a bag under his desk though things like that would be routine in an enquiry of this sort.
    Now there is a chance that sexual deviants like Williams could be involved in bizarre sexual practices, though how you get your kicks out of being locked in a gym bag is beyond my comprehension, but on reading this I go with the conspiracy theorists. Does that mean I will have to start wearing a tinfoil hat with a propeller on it?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    I am not a great believer in conspiracy theories and see them as the product of a fevered imagination, usually by someone with too much time on their hands whilst living a solitary existence in their mother's basement. However, the theories surrounding the death of Gareth Williams have now taken on more plausibility than the theory now being put forward by the authorities.

MI6 codebreaker Gareth Williams 'probably locked himself into sports bag' - Telegraph

It seems they now accept that he stripped naked, put a holdall into his bath, climbed into it and locked it. Pull the other one.
    He worked in a job of a very sensitive nature, yet despite being missing for a week no-one in work reported him missing and then refused to handover files and a bag under his desk though things like that would be routine in an enquiry of this sort.
    Now there is a chance that sexual deviants like Williams could be involved in bizarre sexual practices, though how you get your kicks out of being locked in a gym bag is beyond my comprehension, but on reading this I go with the conspiracy theorists. Does that mean I will have to start wearing a tinfoil hat with a propeller on it?
    Agreed that this was also my reaction, initially.

BUT - his landlord/landlady told in court of a previous incident where they had had to free him from some weird situation, I forget what now, where he had apparently been practicing escapology and had got himself stuck. I think they said there was no sexual element, he seemed to be practicing some sort of experiment sport.

(unless the conspiracy included them landlord too, of course... Who knows?).

But it is true that the whole business of being missing for days from work without anyone wondering really beggars belief. I wish I worked for someone like that!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose you have to ask the question why would "they" decide to kill him in such a bizarre manner. If "they" wanted to get rid of him it would surely be easy to fake an accident, a fall or drowning, such events happen everyday. No publicity would ever have followed this death if the cause of death was not so strange. Why wouldn't the all powerful dark forces quietly eliminat him by more mundane methods rather than locking him in a bag so that he slowly suffocated. I would take off the tinfoil hat and come out from under the table.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

He was either killed because he knew too much, or it was an accident and MI6 is covering for someone important.
    Real News.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post

But it is true that the whole business of being missing for days from work without anyone wondering really beggars belief. I wish I worked for someone like that!
    Typical Public Servant!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But we all learned a new word (I hope).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The inquest said he was unlawfully killed,i agree with you,no need for the tin foil hat
    Very murky though.

"You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There have been many such deviants within British Intelligence, including at senior levels. So my instinct is that he did die as a consequence of some wierdness rather having been taken out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So he locked himself in a gym bag in the hallway of his apartment complex and someone randomly carried the bag down to the kerb to be collected by the bin men. Seems legit.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Surely if the British intelligence services wanted to get rid of him they would have just abducted him, driven him to some lonely out of the way place, killed him and buried him in a freshly dug hole? Nobody would know what happened to him. People go missing all the time - they commit suicide in a river or book a passage on a ferry and leap into the sea and nobody ever finds the corpse - and the file is just left open and forgotten about when other cases come up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast