Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Willie O'Dea takes on the Satanists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Willie O'Dea takes on the Satanists

It seems Willie O'Dea has his sights firmly set on the Universal Church of Satan.

Apparently he is resolutely opposed to groups like this being authorised to solemnise marriages.

The O'Dea attack came during debate on an amendment to the 2004 Civil Registration Act, the bill passed in the Dail last week.

Has O'Dea discovered that there are votes to be had from anti Satanists while hanging around outside churches, funerals etc?

Willie O'Dea down on Satanist marriages

BTW Humanists will be relieved to know that O'Dea has now given them his permission to process with their weddings and funerals in the course of his rather patronizing contribution to the Dail debate.

I don't seem to recall Satanists ever being a problem here in Limerick, where as during the Fianna Fail misrule of the Irish economy..........
    Last edited by williewatch; 27th December 2012 at 11:28 AM.

birthday

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post

It seems Willie O'Dea has his sights firmly set on the Universal Church of Satan.

Apparently he is resolutely opposed to groups like this being authorised to solemnise marriages.

The O'Dea attack came during debate on an amendment to the 2004 Civil Registration Act, the bill passed in the Dail last week.

Has O'Dea discovered that there are votes to be had from anti Satanists while hanging around outside churches, funerals etc?

BTW Humanists will be relieved to know that O'Dea has now given them his permission to process with their weddings and funerals in the course of his rather patronizing contribution to the Dail debate.

I don't seem to recall Satanists ever being a problem here in Limerick, where as during the Fianna Fail misrule of the Irish economy..........
    Not sure what is in it for Willie and the anti-satanist vote but I enjoyed Rosenstock's sketch last week with the 'Caravan of Love' sketch in the Dail!
    I am sure Willie and his voters enjoyed it also!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought Fianna Fail were the Universal Church of Satan. Apologies to the Universal Church of Satan for me associating them with the the disgraced, evil, Bertie-worshipping FF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So we are spared the prospect of Tom Cruise getting married for the 4 th time in Adare Manor.

O'Dea is also against the Scientologists.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd say O'Dea, like many a low-powered Fianna Fail creature, is against anything his Mammy doesn't recognise.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

For once Willy makes a valid point

- why can't they do what happens in a lot of countries now

- you have a separate Civil ceremony

- and after that you can have one where your marriage is blessed by people whose beliefs you share

While marriages are supposed to be made in Heaven

- will we now have a situation

- where they are hatched in Hell?
    Last edited by Catalpast; 27th December 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone who thinks marriages are made in heaven clearly must be single.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is he on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, do sod all for Limerick whilst in the cabinet almost a decade and a half, but bang on about Satanism now the whole country is banjaxed. It's still the Christmas hols, so I'll just make do and call him a smirking perjuring politicial troll, who can't quite get his head around why his lot got a big non serviam from the people.

On another point, I love this bit: “I have never attended a humanist wedding but I recently attended a humanist funeral in Limerick." Willie attending a funeral in Limerick? Get away!
    Last edited by mr. jings; 27th December 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    What is he on?
    A very tidy sum for the rest of his bewhiskered life, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast