Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacked For Being Too Attractive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sacked For Being Too Attractive

Iowa court: Bosses can fire 'irresistible' workers

That's right, in Iowa the Supreme Court just ruled that it is perfectly legal for your boss to sack you if they fancy you. Apparently the bosses feelings, although they cannot be measured or quantified in any real sense, have more legal standing than a contract or civil rights legislation.

This case is obviously heading to the US Supreme Court, as I don't see this ruling being able to stand. I mean, it gives all employers the ability to sack people without cause, without giving them a pension or severance. They can actually discriminate legally.

No, I didn't fire him because I found out he was a Muslim. I fired him because I thought he was attractive. No I didn't fire her because I found out she was gay, I fired her because I found her attractive. No I didn't sack that man just to avoid paying his yearly bonus and giving him his pension, I found him attractive so I had to sack him.

And people wonder why we still need unions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post

That's right, in Iowa the Supreme Court just ruled that it is perfectly legal for your boss to sack you if they fancy you. Apparently the bosses feelings, although they cannot be measured or quantified in any real sense, have more legal standing than a contract or civil rights legislation.

This case is obviously heading to the US Supreme Court, as I don't see this ruling being able to stand. I mean, it gives all employers the ability to sack people without cause, without giving them a pension or severance. They can actually discriminate legally.

No, I didn't fire him because I found out he was a Muslim. I fired him because I thought he was attractive. No I didn't fire her because I found out she was gay, I fired her because I found her attractive. No I didn't sack that man just to avoid paying his yearly bonus and giving him his pension, I found him attractive so I had to sack him.

people wonder why we still need public sector unions, when the cabinet are doing a far better job of it.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Basically this was a decision by the boss' wife.

There is the boss. And then there is the real boss of the boss.

Anyway, given the fact that attractive women find it easier to find work than, for example obese women, in a range of occupations from secretarial in corporate headquarters, to air hostess....I suppose people should not be worried about this.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is here. Really.

It effectively fucntions as affirmative action for ugly people. Maybe this is long overdue....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh we need them alright, we just don't need them deciding govt policy and squeezing blood from private sector workers to make sure their members gravy train rolls on.

Note the subtle difference?

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where George interviewed two total foxes but told them openly that he couldn't give them the job of secretary as he simply could not trust himself.

He hired a homely but efficient one instead.. and ended up sh@gging her.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should let people know there's no image in the link.
    So disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you seet Jebus,for a moment there when I saw the OP title I thought was being fired online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TimBuckII View Post
    You should let people know there's no image in the link.
    So disappointing.
    there you go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course had he simply not hired her, for the same reason, no one would care.

She's probably dodged a bullet to be honest.

This is a bit of an odd one, as all parties seem to be being mostly honest, and you know, would society be better of he's cheated on his wife?

He probably should've been forced to pay her more than a month severance though, that's fairly weak.
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

Politics.ie Member tipp revolution's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Meteorologist Rhonda Lee: Was She Fired for Defending Her Hair? UPDATED | Secrets to Your Success - Yahoo! Shine
    Here is the story of Rhonda Lee who is actually coming to Rathcabbin at Christmas because her mum and friends had such good craic here during the summer.
    "Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king"
    Diogenes

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast